Who else is hoping their car hangs in there...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Who else is hoping their car hangs in there...

for a while longer??

My Wrangler is kicking 125,000! I'm praying it last alittle longer. I want our credit rating to be as pristine as possible when this one goes so I can get a newer one (I never buy BRAND new)

We've been through all kinds of repairs, engine, trans etc. Every day I pray it lasts alittle longer!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Me!

My '94 Taurus has 173,000 miles on it. I want to make it last until 200,000. Although, my tranny is going, so I really need a different one, but am trying to make this one last.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finally got my first "new" car ever last year... all the other cars I've ever driven have been way over used hand me downs from my dad...and they were all tiny cars. Last year I got to get a 98 Ford Windstar Van with automatic everything! At that point I was just glad to have a car with windows that rolled up and down, didn't die everytime the temp went past 90, and had enough room for everyone at once!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Me,too! Our Jeep Cherokee Laredo has almost 250,000 miles on the odometer. Our Toyota Camry has a mere 211,000 miles.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can totally relate. My poor little Bonneville has 185,000 miles on it and is still going strong. I am hoping to get another year or two out of it at least.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My 1991 Toyota Camry (good little car.....) has 137,000+ miles on it and I am keeping my fingers crossed it lasts another couple of years. I really only drive it to work and back and some running around (flea markets, rummage sales) on my noon hour. Hopefully it will last. It gets 30 mpg so it needs to hang on. Dixie, I hope mine makes 211,000!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

me me

my 1994 honda civic has been giving me a real fit lately..it only has 71500 miles on it but i got 2 not one but 2 bad tanks of gas.so i spent 21.xx to have the electrical sys checked. and it was just fine..but my battery died and i got a new one free(less than a year old) although i spent 550.xx to get the muffler fixed(it was org to the car). i hoping the transmission hangs on..it locked when i tried to go home after work(i think it was the heat) i had to use the lock release but thank god it has not happened again.

i purchased this car new and it will be my last new car purchase(didnt know about this site) and will purchase one that has come off a lease(fully loaded no less) that some fool paid top dollar for only to lose 1/2 its value the minute it was driven off the lot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are hoping that our 97 grand am with 116,000 miles lasts about 2 or 3 more years. We are going thru Dave Ramsey's plan right now, and will never buy a car with a payment again. Only what we can afford in cash. And we won't have enough saved up to replace this one for 2-3 years. I'm a hopin' and a prayin' that this one can last that long. It's been good to us so far.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH's 94 Park Avenue needs to hang in there. It's got 154K miles and still runs good. You never know with a car that old though. It's just got to hang in there till March. When I quit, we can go to one car easily.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a '95 Geo Prism, with 151,000 miles on it. I like it, and it still runs good. As much as I would like a newer car, I really hope that it keeps going. I really don't want a car payment.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This "fool" just bought a brand new car....a 2005 Honda Odyssey.I'm hoping it'll be my last car purchase ever. Hubby works at Honda,so we did get a nice discount.And I dont think it lost half it's value when we drove it off. Honda's have a high resale value. We looked at used and when you figured in the discount we got, it was just cheaper to us,to buy new,knowing this (hopefully) will be the last vehicle I buy.

Dh drives a 99 Toyota Tacoma (also bought new,paid cash for) that has right at 100,000 miles on it. He to says it'll be his last vehicle purchased as long as it keeps running. He will be needing new tires (for the first time) here soon. When he bought the truck,Toyota was having a "special"....if you bought a new one,you got free oil change for life(it voids if you sell it)! He could change the oil himself but since it's free,we take it back to the dealership every 3,000 miles for the oil change. A $29.95 (or so they say lol) value

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My car is a 1999 Saturn SL2. I bought it on payments, but it was the cheapest car on the lot. I'll be trying to pay it off early when I get rid of some other debt, but I had made my car before that last until I could barely drive it safely anymore. I'm just hoping this one holds out for several years beyond when I'm done making payments. I can already feel that it has some small problems, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

My SO's car is a 2001 Toyota Echo, which he bought before we were together. He had bad credit, so the payments are high, but it should be paid off by... 2006, I think? Maybe 2007... I can't wait to get rid of that one. We're going to make it last as long as possible!

It helps to have extended family who own an auto shop. Work done at cost.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm driving a 1999 Hyundai Accent GS, which currently has 148,000 miles on it. I just replaced the timing belt this month and the dealership said they'd never seen one go that long on one timing belt.

I'll drive it til it dies, then pay cash for another used car- preferably something small with a manual transmission.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sunshine, how do you like your Hyundai? When our lease was up on the minivan, we were considering buying a Hyundai.

I am hoping that Dave's car will hold out. He's driving a 1990 Toronado. You may not have even heard of it as they're discontinued LOL

Anyway, it was free to us, so I can't complain, but lately I've had to drive it because it has no A/C, and Dave has a very long commute to work.

We need 2 cars since Dave works so far away, so I'm hoping this one will last a little longer!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

im sorry tammy i didnt mean to offend..al though i also have a honda thats has not given me much trouble..i was refering to alot of american cars that dont seem to last 5 or 7 years and those lose value very quickly...my honda is 11 yrs old and i may or maynot buy that brand again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast