Do you worry about gas prices?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Do you worry about gas prices?

I worry about those who are barely making it now with the rising gas prices.

What are they going to do when food and supplies go up because gas prices have made delivery trucks double their cost of delivering?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I worry a lot about gas prices. I live in a town that only has a small grocery store but with very BIG prices. I need to drive 5-7 miles to the closest supermarket to do my shopping.

Needless to say, I try and get as many errands done while I am out. I am really trying to use one full tank of gas a week or less. This includes traveling to work, picking kids up at activities and the daily driving needed. Nothing Extra.

I still spend over $38.00 per week. I don't even drive one of those big SUV's, just a station wagon.

How are you guys with the SUV's surviving?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't worry per se, however I am concerned for rising gas costs, along with everything else rising because of the gas prices.

Its something I can't control though, so I try and adjust what I can in our area of finances and hope for the best for everyone else.

I do understand though that there will be many people suffering because of these gas prices.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Worry every day. Gas is $267.9 around here. ( regular unleaded )
    ( super is $283.9 )

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I forgot to add that or trash company has already started to charge a fueling fee.

We are being charged $3.85 per month extra for fuel!

I may start to bring my own trash to the dump. It would take a lot more time but I would save a lot more money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's one reason why I'm working weekends only. Less travel. They're going to schedule me for 2 eight hr shifts instead of 3 five hr shifts. Less gas. Can't afford it their way!

Graci

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i only work 2 miles away so i don't have it bad, but dh makes a 39 mile round trip dn adds alot more when he is on call once a week. our gas is 2.59 a gallon right now and i worry what it will go to.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I worry more about the cost of other things going up because of rising fuel prices than I do my own personal use. I know I'm using as little as I can. But I also know, in the grand scheme of things my usage doesn't amount to squat. Not when we have huge diesel trucks, planes, trains that need/use more than I ever can.

My dh works for an equipment company. They charge a flat rate for moving equipment. When he first started there the beginning of July, the flat rate was $550. It's now over $800

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am concerned about the rising cost of fuel. Absolutley! My dh commutes 100 miles a day. Regular unleaded is averaging $2.65 a gallon, here.
    If the OPEC'ers can charge us an arm and a leg for oil, than what's to keep us from charging them through the nose for food?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I definitely am. That is why I am going as frugal as i am in preparation. All I can do is take care of those in my little universe. I am also debating about getting another job. I don't know if the fuel is worth it, or that some of my frugal habits are hard to do when working.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes I do!  Gas ois 2.69.9 here. Dh has a 40 mile commute one way 4 days a week. He bought a kia so it is small and efficient but it still really adds up.
    I have a 30 mile one way commute 2-3 days a week. My car is bigger and ouch!
    Dh is a truckdriver also. The company is passing on a surcharge to the company they deliver for which in turn will raise prices for consumers MORE.
    Grocery prices seem to really be climbing in our area.
    We have a very small very expensive grocery here. However to really shop or buy anything else its a 30 mile drive.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am pretty concerned. Its hard to know what to think about the situation --- SOMEBODY is getting rich. I do think that the "trickle down" effect is going to be serious --- EVERYTHING will be more expensive because if it isn't made with petroleum products then it requires gasoline/diesel to transport it.

Our society (western culture) requires a serious readjustment of our mindset and a recognition that the days of readily available fuel are numbered.

And as far as what is in store this winter --- goodness only knows. Its going to be "interesting".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to the store yesterday. It is about 40 miles to where I go. Gas here is $2.45, so far. The prices are too high to make it on dh check alone, so I have to go back to work. I have a saturn that gets pretty good milage. The job I am applying is 2-10, so I will just have to make late night trips to the store to save a little on gas costs. No extra trips.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by jlxian
    SOMEBODY is getting rich.
    That's for sure. I know Exxon's making a huge profit, according to info I saw on the 'Today' show last week. I suspect other oil companies are getting much richer,too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dh works 50 miles from home we are spending over $100 a week in gas between 3 drivers. But more than the gas I am worried about the oil prices and how many with families with small children will go without heat this winter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast