Frugal Baby Shower Gift - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Most of the baby showers around here people get blankets and clothes. So a basket would be fine around here. When My friend had her baby my mom and I went in on her gift together, we bought a baby bathtub and filled it with various things that the baby would need, a diaper bag or basket would work fine as well depending on what u would want to spend, u can do a basket really inexpensive. Basket from the dollar store, some shampoo, powder, lotion, or even other things such as baby nail clippers, brush and comb set, wash clothes, vasaline or diaper cream etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Momto2Boyz View Post
    I would stay away from shampoo's and lotions and things like that. When we had our first, we received so many of those things, that I still (almost 8 years later) still have a drawer full of them, and now my kids don't want to use "baby shampoo" anymore!
    Why not donate them to a woman's shelter or similar? If I had some I would even send them in with my kids to school when they do "food" drives. Those items are on the list of things that they need too.

My shower was very small, and I didn't receive any of those things, which would have been greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Michelle; 01-09-2009 at 09:49 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

How about a diaper "cake". There are directions out there on the internet. Basically you roll up the diapers, (can be used again ) into the cake "layers". You can decorate the cake with things. pacifiers, travel size containers, rattles. People will ooh and awe., and you are in for less than 15$. Since you used coupons for the diapers, right!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My "go to" gift for baby showers is diapers and baby books (the cardboard kind that will take some beating).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Instead of a card, I always buy a baby book and sign my name on the inside. You don't waste money on a card and it's just a nice gesture.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am appreciating the diapers & wipes the most. A stack of coupons would have been AWESOME (to me, the coupon addict, at least) - perhaps stuck inside the pockets of a cute baby photo album?

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Also Johnson and Johnson makes a medicine kit for babies. They sell it at Toys R Us, etc.

I loved mine. You could make your own.
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2404651

Description

Product Description
    Packaged in a unique and sturdy plastic organized case, Johnson's Baby Relief Kit helps you make your baby feel better. Parents can lock the case (lock not included) to keep curious babies safe. The translucent blue case contains all the quality products you need to help baby feel better: .5 oz. Tylenol Infant Drops, .5 oz. Motrin Infant Drops, .5 oz. Mylicon Infant Gas Drops, 2 oz. Desitin Creamy Diaper Rash Ointment, and 15 oz. Johnson's Vapor Bath.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gosh, I hear my first cousin twice removed was a new member of the family, and felt as though I needed to do something as my parents would have had they lived. I crocheted 3 bags with drawstring tops and added several diapers (disp), hand sanitizer, wipes, disp. changing pad, disp bibs and one other item to each bag. What I know of her is that she's a teacher, and an older mom living in NYC. The other items I added were hat, booties, sweater and bonnet, all hand crocheted. Got a nice thank you for that. If I had lots of $$, I'd make about 12 of those up, put them in a nice basket standing up and call it a go pack.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234