I want your bread recipes.
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I want your bread recipes.

I lost my good cookbook, with my favorite recipe in it. So, I'm asking for your favorite ones!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This is the only, the easiest, the best tasting bread ever! You are not in the kitchen with the bread except a few minutes in the morning, evening, next morning and then shape and bake. Don't be fooled...it's not a sour sourdough bread...it's on the sweet side....you can put less sugar or honey and create a dill or garlic, more sugar and it's a sweet roll only limited by your imagination.

http://www.angelfire.com/ab/bethsbre...keStarter.html

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I just posted mine in another thread; it's the 9th post in this thread:
    [ame="https://frugalvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126839"]Cost of boughten bread VS. Cost of homemade bread - Frugal Village Forums[/ame]

Judi

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, I love breads - what kind of breads are you looking for - more whole grains, or sandwich breads, or with added ingredients, or plainer?
    This is one we love, found it on recipezaar.com

Flax Seed Bread (Bread Machine) Recipe #143230
    I saw flax seed at the grocery and bought it without any idea of what to do with it. I found out that flax seed contributes fiber and omega-3s to the diet. Even better, it made this delightful, speckled loaf with a nutty flavor. Wonderful as is or toasted.
    by duonyte

3¼ hours | 15 min prep

1 1 1/2 lb. loaf

* 1/4 ounce active dry yeast (1 envelope)
    * 1 1/4 cups warm water
    * 3 tablespoons honey
    * 1 tablespoon olive oil
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * 1 cup flax seed meal (ground flax seed)
    * 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
    * 1 1/2 cups bread flour
    * cornmeal

1. Place ingredients in your bread machine as directed by your manufacturer.
    2. Set to dough cycle. After initial rise, remove, shape in a large round loaf (or whatever you like), let rise again on a cornmeal dusted baking pan.
    3. Preheat oven to 400 deg. If desired, brush loaf with an egg wash (one egg beaten with 1 tbl. cold water). Slash loaf with sharp knife. Place in oven. After 15 min., reduce temperature to 350 deg.
    4. Bake for an additional 25 minutes or until loaf is done - an instant thermometer should read 205 deg.
    5. Turn onto cooling rack and let cool.
    6. Note: If using flax seed, 2/3 cups seed will grind into 1 cup flax meal.
    7. Note2: If using egg wash, you may also sprinkle loaf with whole flax or poppy seeds.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great bread recipes - mahalo - I'm going to try the flax seed bread recipe first!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

bumping! i'm looking for a great bread recipe. tried and true would be awesome

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Are you looking for a white bread, whole wheat, a slightly sweet bread, something savory? There are so many breads, and if you could give us an idea of what you are interested in, it would be easier to suggest something. Also, will you be using a bread machine, a stand mixer, making by hand, or does it not matter? I bake bread a lot, at least once a week, and make a lot of different kinds, and could easily take up pages and pages of space listing them!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
    This is the only, the easiest, the best tasting bread ever! You are not in the kitchen with the bread except a few minutes in the morning, evening, next morning and then shape and bake. Don't be fooled...it's not a sour sourdough bread...it's on the sweet side....you can put less sugar or honey and create a dill or garlic, more sugar and it's a sweet roll only limited by your imagination.

http://www.angelfire.com/ab/bethsbre...keStarter.html
    This sounds yumm-o !! I'm gonna have to try this. It would be like making a Friendship Bread only not getting a 'sweet' loaf out of it.

Here's the bread recipe I've been using. One of the ladies that I sometimes bake for is lactose intolerant. It has a nice simple, slightly sweet taste and a good texture. It's wonderful toasted for breakfast.
    I run mine in the bread machine for the dough cycle (wet ingredients first, then dry, then a crater in the flour for the yeast).

AMISH WHITE BREAD (makes 2 loaves)

2 cups warm water (110 degrees F)
    2/3 cup white sugar (I cut to 1/2 cup)
    1-1/2 Tbs yeast
    1-1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    6 cups bread flour (I use all-purpose)

In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in the warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof till yeast resembles a creamy foam. Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface till smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl and turn dough to coat (with oil). Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise till doubled in bulk, about 10 hour.
    Punch down dough. Knead for a few minutes and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into 2 well-oiled 9"x5" loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes or till dough has risen 1 inch above pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate typing recipes....I use the recipes in the "Tassajara Bread Book"...Hasn't failed me yet. Do a Google search on it. Today, I'm working on a sour-dough French bread and pre-cooked pizza crusts from the sour dough recipe in it. My wheat bread in my avatar is based on a recipe from it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is a terrific sourdough starter, http://www.recipezaar.com/Wild-Yeast...Starter-116648 . I really like a lot of the recipes I find on Recipezaar, plus it's easy to save them in a cookbook.