Consumption of Fresh Fruit and Vegetables.
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Consumption of Fresh Fruit and Vegetables.

I have used several juicers over the years and found all wanting. Most are very difficult to clean and eventually one quits using them. Also they are wasteful in that the pulp (fibre) is not utilized.

About 35 percent of the nutrients of fruits and vegetables exists in the pulp. This pulp is usually discarded with most juicers.

So after some thought this is how I make my "juice".

Select RAW; pineapple, peppers, oranges, grapefruit, carrots, bananas, melon, cranberries frozen or fresh, strawberries, raspberry, blueberries, lettuce, spinach, peaches, kiwi, nectarine, plums, broccoli, grapes, tomato, pear, and in the summer I utilize any garden vegetable available. Bean sprouts are not particularly suitable, since the end product is overwhelmed by its flavor.

Skin thinly (I don't trust using the skin since I am somewhat concerned about herbicide and pesticide residue), and cut into reasonable size pieces and put into the common blender, add the necessary amount of water to blend to an even consistency. Usually I make a one or two liter quantity at one time, and wrap the remaining fruit and keep in the refrigerator until needed.

The product may be consumed as a liquid or simply eaten with a spoon depending upon the consistency of the mixture. Some people prefer to masticate, but I prefer to simply drink the end product about one litre per day.

I have been doing this many years, and consume far more fruit and vegetable than I ever would were the fruit eaten individually. Also the variety is much greater. The taste takes on the flavor of the prominent fruit used; in my case, usually pineapple or melon, and the colour varies considerably from red, green, brown, blue, and all shades between. For a refreshing cold drink in the summer, sometimes I throw a few ice cubes in the blender with the mixture.

Using the blender method one gets all the nutrients plus the addition of the fiber. This method utilizes the fruit and vegetables completely, and is 100% efficient. It is palatable and healthy.

The links are pictures of the Method.

http://www.durgan.org/ShortURL/?DPDSU 30 January 2007 Fruit and Vegetables for Juice.

The Method. Another example.
    http://www.durgan.org/ShortURL/?UIKBD Making Juice. The Method.

This method makes real juice. Fruit and vegetables from the garden are utilized if available. Others are purchased as necessary. I use what is available at any given time. Enough water is added to make the mixture possible to drink. I consume about one liter per day and use the blended mixture sort of like a thirst quencher. Healthy?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This seems really healthy and I agree with you, I wouldn't want to use the skins either (you never know what it's been exposed to). I might try this in the winter when it's much harder for me to consume fresh fruits and veggies. Right now I eat them morning, noon, and night .