Enchibeans

Thread: Enchibeans

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Enchibeans

Mix up some mashed pinto beans or 1 can of re-fried beans. Mix in 1 packet of taco seasoning. I place my beans in individual small pyrex bowls. Then I get some Red Enchilada sauce and pour some over the beans. I then great some Colby cheese over the sauce and microwave til cheese melts. You have a easy, affordable dish!
    Last edited by struglew3kids; 09-05-2008 at 08:12 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

oooh! nice idea.

i may take a little alternative from this... take away cheese (i dont eat it) and add jalapenos, maybe onions, banana peppers, bell peppers and fresh chopped tomatoes, lettuce too.

i'm also an "herb" person, so I'd add a little coriander and maybe cumin for fun.

lol
    i love creativity.

thanks for the great idea!

you could also fry up the mashed beans to make small patties (thin like mcD's hamburger thin, maybe not so big around), and top w/the other toppings.... add chips or a bun, whatever you like.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by struglew3kids View Post
    Mix up some mashed pinto beans or 1 can of re-fried beans. Mix in 1 packet of taco seasoning. I place my beans in individual small pyrex bowls. Then I get some Red Enchilada sauce and pour some over the beans. I then great some Colby cheese over the sauce and microwave til cheese melts. You have a easy, affordable dish!
    goes running off to try it....thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by struglew3kids View Post
    Sounds like a great bean dip to me. I will be making this today while we listen to the football game.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

reporting back. was excellent.

i had to add some water to the can of refried beans to thin it, added the mix, in a saucepan, brought to a boil, cooked for a couple of minutes, so easy.

i used taco bell mild sauce as my sauce. it tasted just like Pintos n cheese from taco bell.

ate it all afternoon.

i have to be careful with this one becuase also ate a lot of cheese.
    Last edited by ladykemma2; 09-07-2008 at 03:26 PM. Reason: spelling and clarity

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds yummy.

When my grandmother was living she would give me a hard time because I would not any type of bean or pea except refried bean w/cheese and sauce from mexican resturnants. So this definatly sound like something I would eat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes you can also add your own flavor. I added a drop of sour cream when I served it to my ds. I happen to have a envelope of taco seasoning, otherwise I probably would of mocked something similar.