Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    Looks like you're making great progress.. Maybe it will hold on another month. And the upcoming meals sound really good.
    • |
    At least your fridg is holding on hopefully till you can finish everything.
    • |
    Wow you really got some great deals! Way to go for watching for the sales!
    • |
    I love Kohls. I too have there CC and always pay it off every month.
    DD found a bed set she wants. We went to the store to look at it because I wanted to know the thread count of it.
    They did not have it in the queen size she needs so I am going to order it on line today.
    I only got the 20% off but I am sure I can google and find the 30% off code so I will save even more.
    Plus if you order $75 or more you get free shipping. So if my total is not over $75 I always add in a Gift Card to boost up my total to $75 and then give the Gift Card as gifts or use them when they are not having the % off sale.
    • |
    Great job!
    • |
    Rib tips (sometimes called riblets) are a strip of meat and bone (or cartilage) cut from the rack of ribs when it is trimmed St Louis style. It's a bunch of pieces of 1/2 or 1 inch bone with bites of rib meat between. It's a "trash" cut... I buy them for $1.49 a pound. Around here folks think they are good eating. Anyway, I cook them the same way I do the full slab of ribs. Season with a dry rub, and either bake them wrapped in foil or put them in the smoker for a little bit. Because the pieces are so small they cook a lot faster than a side of ribs.
    • |
    Looks like a good menu plan. I love the idea of the rib tips, but no clue as to how to make them. Could you give me a hint, please? Thanks muchly!
    • |
    Great shopping!
    • |
    Oh boy does this sound like my house. We call in the "Curly Shuffle" (from three stooges) but curly never had pets underfeet too. It never fails you just wants to do one simple thing and it dominoes on ya. I feel your pain.
    • |
    HAHAH~sounds like MY house~I got a kick out of your story~!
    • |
    It is amazing what happens when a project evolves.
    • |
    That is exactly how things happen around here as well. One thing leads to another, to another, to another and finally the original project we first started with, still isn't done! At least the boxes should be organized, so all isn't in vain.
    • |
    No lights? Perhaps not, but look at all the exercise you got done!! Sounds like a normal family project to me!!
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyhill
    How do you make your own smoked salmon?
    First I cure it with a salt and sugar seasoning mixture, then I put it into my smoker to "cook". The seasoning and the smoke preserve the fish, give it flavor, and its unique texture. It's not hard to do, just a bit time consuming. There are a lot of web sites that explain it in detail.

I also smoke pork and chicken for BBQ.
    • |
    You are doing great! Keep it up and you will be all cleaned out!
    • |
    or try a savory bread pudding... for the salmon. I wish I had a recipe but I don't. But a friend of mine said she had it at some fancy schmancy restaurant in individual casseroles and it was soooo good. She said it was like a little bread souffle with smoked salmon and a touch of tarragon..

How do you make your own smoked salmon?
    • |
    Great idea! I should do something similar with pantry items, except I have some really esoteric things in there!!
    • |
    i make salmon mousse with the smoked salmon. Crumble it up and add cream cheese, a little lemon juice, tabasco sauce and whip it up.

Then I top it with dried or fresh chives and or/ dill and garnish with capers.

This is nice to bring to a potluck with crackers.
    • |
    Great deals, and I enjoyed reading your menu plan! I'm always looking for new ideas for meals.
    • |
    As usual...great deals! Way to go!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast