Frugal Village Forums - Uncategorized - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Highs and Lows

by , 01-08-2009 at 02:57 PM (Living Frugal, Not Cheap)
    It's been an up and down couple of weeks. What's been up is our weight. I put on about 5 lbs over the holiday, which may not seem like much but I want to stop the gain immediately and try to get back to my original weight asap. DH says he has put on 15 lbs! So he is going back to his no-refined-sugars-or-starches and low glycemic plan. That means no beans, rice, pasta, bread or potatoes, among other things. Normally we don't eat a lot of that anyway, but I've been adding more of it into our diet ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. December $25 a Week Challenge

by , 11-29-2008 at 04:41 PM (Living Frugal, Not Cheap)
    I started off the December shopping by going to Whole Foods and spending $13.61 on cheese and bread. The bread was only 99 cents, the rest was cheese. I have a taste for expensive things, and I love my Dutch Parrano and my Stravecchio. I could easily spend $40 or $50 in the cheese department, and some weeks I have. I got out of the store today only buy choosing the smallest pieces I could find. I plan to use it sparingly over the next few weeks.

After that I did the rest of the ...

Updated 11-29-2008 at 10:20 PM by Contrary Housewife

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Gourmet shopping on $25 a week

by , 11-14-2008 at 02:32 PM (Living Frugal, Not Cheap)
    We went to Cargo Largo today looking for gifts and, of course, bought stuff for ourselves instead. I'm not sure how I'd describe Cargo Largo, they are a warehouse store that sells close-outs, odd lots, and items from damaged shipping containers. Some of their prices are really good, some not so hot, but you can get really good bargains if you know what to look for and are patient and not overly picky about their random selection.

I like to shop places like this for gourmet tea. I've ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011