Frugal Village Forums - Debt Reduction - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Debt Reduction

Our 12 month Mission to debt free(except mortgage).

1. Can someone beat Murphy for me?

by , 06-19-2009 at 01:35 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Murphy has gotta go.

As I mentioned, I totally jinxed myself last Friday morning. I told dd that we were so lucky this year as we won't need to do more interviews as no one is leaving the daycare.

WELL... that Murphy needs to learn to mind his manners and not eavesdrop. Friday afternoon I got notice that one little guy would be leaving at the end of the month, he is in fact done tomorrow.

And if that wasn't bad enough, Murphy has now struck again. ...
  2. Kinda bad news

by , 06-15-2009 at 11:23 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I jinxed myself! I know i did. On Friday, I was telling dd10 that this is the first summer where we have kept all the dayhome kids. No changes.

That night, one mom tells me they are moving, and he's done at the end of the month.

That really sucks..lol. That said he is a high maintenance, mischievous little boy that doesn't listen all the great, so a lower maintenance will make it more fun for everyone as I won't need to be with him so much. More of me to go around. ...
  3. I just watched Oprah ... that ah ha moment.

by , 06-11-2009 at 05:13 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Today's episode hit home. I don't often watch, I was tired, and didn't feel like doing anything...

In away I'm gald I watched, in another, I feel guilty I did

Today Oprah had 2 families try a one week challenge. No TV, except 1 hour a day(combined, not each), no video, no ipod, no computer except homework and work. No take out, EAT the leftovers, don't throw them out, no shopping except for groceries, no lights on unless in the room, no temp set above 70F. ...
  4. Still trucking!

by , 04-27-2009 at 09:58 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    We are still working on challenges....

Freezer- haven't added anything to it, been eating consistently from it! I think with re-organization, I have enough room now for the beef! But am still not adding to it. Need to use up the older things in it.

4 weeks and only used the CC a couple times, 1 due to debit being down, and an online order. Balance owing: $0. Paid it off already. I am feeling so guilty when I use it, and know there's a balance on it! We have a big online ...
  5. They got it right!

by , 04-22-2009 at 09:40 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Last night the mortgage came out of the RIGHT account! Yay Paul! You got it figured out.

So that is now settled, thankfully.

Now it's getting to the business of proper budgeting and savings!!!

I should have $150 to add to savings this week. I thought I'd have closer to $250, but I need to budget for the TDCM. Not sure what the plan is there. So setting some money aside for that.

Next week, is a big savings week, I get paid monthly, and I will ...
    Categories
    Debt Reduction
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast