Frugal Village Forums - Anything Food related! - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Anything Food related!

Groceries, menu planning, freezer management, recipes, etc.

1. Good morning ;)

by , 07-15-2009 at 09:48 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Started off the day on the wrong foot. I SLEPT in! I had to answer the door for the first family in a housecoat. All that said, he hadn't knocked yet. I hate when this happens, thankfully it's usually less than once a year. And it's a good thing it's a short walk to work.

I'm now drinking my first 16 oz of water along with my vitamins. You'd think with all our technologies, they'd find a better filler so the pills weren't so HUGE!

I am a daily weigh-er, and I won't apologize ...
  2. Tackling the menu...and other thoughts

by , 07-12-2009 at 08:20 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    So I handing out the letters to the kids, they loved it. With their input, i have at least 12 suppers and lunches. Dh didn't do it, didn't think he would. They also gave me some ideas of what they'd like for snacks.

So I can better plan our meals, and efficiently set up for groceries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have an interview tomorrow. The house is ready for it, my energy levels are good. Hopefully it leads to a second interview with this family and the
  3. Self Challenge update

by , 06-17-2009 at 10:16 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    This is going really well. Nice weather helps. The tv hasn't been on during daytime at all as it has been so beautiful, we are outside all morning. Lights are on in the morning only for about 20 minutes when the kids first get up. Now if they could open blinds in the kitchen, they'd have plenty, but it's just not bright enough..lol. in their opinion.

I haven't gotten to my menu yet, but been using up leftovers to make new dishes or for lunch. So minimal waste happening here.
  4. My self challenge - waste not want not.

by , 06-12-2009 at 10:10 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Before even starting... I'll say this. I am not a waster, I don't throw out much from the pantry. Stale crackers? Crumbs for meatloaf or meat balls. Stale cookies? Crumble topping for ice cream.

The fridge? Not as successful. There is produce that gets forgotten on occasion. There is leftovers that get forgotten and look like science experiments. I need to work on this.

Even in household goods. We have a water cooler(got if for free), love it. It is filled with tap water. ...
  5. I just watched Oprah ... that ah ha moment.

by , 06-11-2009 at 05:13 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Today's episode hit home. I don't often watch, I was tired, and didn't feel like doing anything...

In away I'm gald I watched, in another, I feel guilty I did

Today Oprah had 2 families try a one week challenge. No TV, except 1 hour a day(combined, not each), no video, no ipod, no computer except homework and work. No take out, EAT the leftovers, don't throw them out, no shopping except for groceries, no lights on unless in the room, no temp set above 70F. ...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast