Frugal Village Forums - Christmas...the most wonderful time of the year. - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Christmas...the most wonderful time of the year.

planning, gift giving, decorating, and more.

1. FIrst handmade gift of the year~

by , 01-01-2009 at 05:12 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I decided to expand my handmade Christmas challenge to handmade gifts period.

I designed my MIL a set of hand towels. Yes Id did have to buy the towels, but they were bought months ago on sale. They love to camp, like we do, 4 to 5 months out of the year, not necessarily everyday but at least every weekend. So I made her this darling set.

2. So many great challenges!!!

by , 12-29-2008 at 01:09 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Reading the challenge section, there are SO many awesome and worthy challenges!

I am joining a few. But will likely only post within my blog, too many posts to track otherwise, the blog is easy!

First of all, I'm continuing my debt reduction. This has been going really well and I'm getting more and more cooperation from dh, so this should make it that much easier. I'm hoping to be debt free this year except for mortgage.

Next, I'm working on weightloss. I ...
  3. Planning Christmas Dinner

by , 12-21-2008 at 12:22 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I decided I'm not doing turkey. We all get tired of turkey as it ends up 3 or 4 days, depending where we go.

SO, since we missed our annual seafood supper in October. I'm going to pick up crab, shrimp, make french bread, and we're having a seafood Christmas supper. It also helps that it's only my family and no guests.

Maybe a new tradition for us here! Too expensive to bring 6 of us to eat seafood. But at home not so bad.

Now it will have to wait and see how ...
  4. I just realized... I have a bit of philanthropist in me.

by , 12-19-2008 at 10:28 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I'm not one to donate a lot as most donations are solicited, and only a fairly small percentage makes it to the cause.

But I've started to notice a pattern. I reach out to individual people a few times a year.

We donate our time to kids. I manage sport teams, dh runs time clocks. We help our senior neighbors at the campground, ds mows lawns for free for them, they do give him a little bit at the end of summer for being a good boy.

I am secretly sponsoring ...

Updated 12-19-2008 at 10:33 AM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Christmas...the most wonderful time of the year.
  5. Almost!

by , 12-15-2008 at 10:15 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    My student loan will be paid off on Thursday!

The balance is $271.91 accumulating .04/day. So I'll add .20 and pay that baby off once and for all!

that is very very very exciting! I'm soooo thrilled.

I just found out dh intends to go shopping next week! I'm FINISHED shopping. I made everything very even. And spent more than enough money. I'm not impressed. He showed NO interest in helping out, now I'm done, and he's spending more. I'm not too happy with him. ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast