Frugal Village Forums - Home Business Self-challenge - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Home Business Self-challenge

Building my home businesses to provide for me and mine.

1. Taking the steps!

by , 05-20-2009 at 03:03 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I have a real hard time approaching people about selling. I do very well with selling things at times. I can sell my home daycare, I'm always full with a waiting list. I can sell any car that dh wants to get rid of or MIL and Fil, etc.

But when it comes to my passions, I have a really really hard time. One would never know it, but I can write fiction works like nothing, the few privileged enough to read it, say it's publishing worthy. But do you think I'll even try to send it in? Not ...
  2. Still trucking!

by , 04-27-2009 at 09:58 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    We are still working on challenges....

Freezer- haven't added anything to it, been eating consistently from it! I think with re-organization, I have enough room now for the beef! But am still not adding to it. Need to use up the older things in it.

4 weeks and only used the CC a couple times, 1 due to debit being down, and an online order. Balance owing: $0. Paid it off already. I am feeling so guilty when I use it, and know there's a balance on it! We have a big online ...
  3. Excellent!!

by , 01-09-2009 at 08:59 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Today I got an inquiry for one of the items I put on Kijiji!

And the picture wasn't even that great! I'll be working on samples today, and getting some things premade, that'll make things even easier.

I think I will also look for a spring sale to participate in with some doggie items. Collars, jackets bandannas. That or the line of hairbows. Hmm.. If I can find one before Easter I could sell a whole swamp of them. I already have all the supplies for bows and hairbands, ...

Updated 01-09-2009 at 11:48 AM by mommy4ever

Categories
  4. Started business building activities!

by , 01-08-2009 at 11:14 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Ok, so the tax bill has motivated me to get started!

Today I used our local kijiji and posted 3 items. A purse, a dog sweater and a personalized bandanna for a pet.

Tomorrow I'll do a few more samples up and post them as well. If I could sell 3 to 4 items a week, then I'd make most of what I need for the tax bill. I have 3 months to put that together.

Of course, I plan to keep listing things! I have another thing now that I think of it to list!

Updated 01-08-2009 at 11:28 PM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PORT CHARLES-gaucho-corset-set.jpg  

PORT CHARLES-pursewallet.jpg  

PORT CHARLES-lexi1.jpg  

5. So many great challenges!!!

by , 12-29-2008 at 01:09 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Reading the challenge section, there are SO many awesome and worthy challenges!

I am joining a few. But will likely only post within my blog, too many posts to track otherwise, the blog is easy!

First of all, I'm continuing my debt reduction. This has been going really well and I'm getting more and more cooperation from dh, so this should make it that much easier. I'm hoping to be debt free this year except for mortgage.

Next, I'm working on weightloss. I ...