Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    I know I have actually been doing that, even though I might not move for more than a year. It has to be a fanstastic deal if I am going to transport it. LOL and I have more than a years worth of some products.
    • |
    Good ideas!
    • |
    Wow...lots to do.

You've given me inspiration to make my own list like this. THEN maybe things will get done.
    • |
    1 down! That's great!
    • |
    It is alot of work, and not alot of work all at the same time.

Tomorrow i get to cross the first thing off the list. I'll have painted dd5 valance.

What is hard is TIME. We are very active with the kids sports, this year we are looking at a minimum of 7 ice times a week for the kids, and dh will have 1. I am doing dog training classes for 6-7 weeks, dd10 has 4-H and dd5 has dance.

It is really really busy.

But we have it written down. Next is to decide what is being done when. If we break things down to what is done weekly, it won't be so overwhelming. DS15 is able to paint the trim for us. That is a few hours saved. I can do taping and prepping during the day while kids are napping or at school. Decluttering can be done one drawer at a time and work through the house.

It's not an impossible or unreasonable list of items to do. It is really a matter of planning and follow through.
    • |
    What an ambiguous plan! Way to be this organized. If I wrote down all that I need to do I probably would hide under the covers and never leave my bed.
    • |
    That is ALOT of work!!! You are going to be one busy, busy girl! I hate mouldings so I am glad I don't have to do all the moulding that you have to do! Good luck!!!
    • |
    Very good but as DEb said use a lawyer to keep freinds friends.
    • |
    Wow! Great going!! Great news!! Would love to see a list of what your todos are to get your house ready for selling. Have a great day!!
    • |
    That is great if you can find a buyer without going through a realtor. I did that and it only cost me approximately $1000 for closing costs and lawyer fees. It is the way to go if you can! Good luck with the nit picking!
    • |
    Wow, your DH is really excited about this isn't he? That is great that he is onboard and you both have the same idea. Have fun purging!
    • |
    Seems you have thought thru alot of things. Just remember to be flexible and change w/ the flow. That always where I have ahard time.LOL.
    • |
    oh, not only a matter of work, but green cards or work visas, across country and border move. No savings there..lol
    • |
    cOME IN Mi. goodness knows you can get value for the buck. The formerly $260,000 house w/ 4 bedrooms just sold for $125,000 cash. There just a little matter of finding a job.
    • |
    Can hear the excitement in your words!! What a great goal to plan for!! Continue having fun with this!!
    • |
    Kinda like fate, eh?

I have always loved this little town but dh was told it so expensive tax wise. WELL.... it is the same as the city, so who knows where those rumors came from..lol

I am driving through the neighborhood today, then going to the town splash park with the kids. I'll just play dumb and say I thought it was in that area. We won't tell them until we have a firm decision and a date.(and won't tell them until we put our home up for sale.) Excited kids drive parents mad..lol
    • |
    He must be a mind reader and that is great! You don't have to worry about approaching him with the subject. Have fun!
    • |
    Great plan and good luck convincing DH!
    • |
    I love your reward! Very smart of you. I always hated water too but now I crave it all day long...it just takes a little while.
    • |
    Water was/is tough for me too. Cheers to the new wardrobe, though!
Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast