Frugal Village Forums - Debt Reduction - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Debt Reduction

Our 12 month Mission to debt free(except mortgage).

1. Slowly but surely...

by , 03-12-2009 at 10:02 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Tomorrow, dh is finally going to the bank. Him dragging on it means we're delayed about 9 days. Not a big deal, but it means my savings account may be a little smaller than hoped as we have payments coming due, paying the old mortgage, and other things. I haven't made them yet in hopes that it's all settled first. Now the money is sitting in the bank ready to be transferred to either pay the bill, or to savings. So we are waiting on that. We should get the disbursement prior to the end of the month ...
  2. I want to BEAT him~

by , 03-04-2009 at 10:42 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Ok. so last night we're talking, I explain to him that it wouldn't make sense to pay $750+ in penalties and fees to save $155 over the course of 5 years. IT DOESN'T!

So fine, he agrees, but he wants to play "hard ball" and try and get it. But he won't call. Now he wants to wait a month or so. WHAT??? And risk being LAID OFF before we try to get this done?

THen he starts, well needs to see where the money is going, (fine). We've lived here 8 years and he doesn't ...
  3. I'm sooo excited!!!

by , 03-03-2009 at 12:37 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I just cut up another card! YAY!!! AND closed it.

We spoke to the bank, and we're moving ahead with the new financing. We got a great rate. With any luck the rate will be a little lower when we go to sign the papers.

NO penalty, as expected, due to the type of mortgage in the end, and possibly no closing fees depending on what banking "specials" are in effect. We'll know more in the next couple days on that. Our rate might be .25% less as well 4.05% would ...

Updated 03-03-2009 at 12:40 PM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Debt Reduction , Savings
  4. That was so much easier than I thought!

by , 03-03-2009 at 09:03 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Dh and I talked last night about the mortgage etc. We are SO not my parents. There wasn't any arguing, etc. We are on the same page. He was more in tune that I thought, so nothing was surprising despite his hands off approach. I told him he can deal with the banks this time, since we are trying to get a better rate on a longer term. Since I get asked to "speak to your mom or dad" on the phone all the time, I think a mature "manly" voice might be the way to go..lol.
  5. Sorting everything out.

by , 03-02-2009 at 01:07 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    This month I did what I could to track our spending. I hung on to receipts, lost a couple, but i use the debit card, so i had records anyway.

So once the little people are napping I'll be able write out what February budget was. And plan March.

dh and I are booking a time to sit down and go over everything to see what we need to do. If we want to roll everything into refinance or just some of it. I have a much better idea than last time, now that all 4 will be in school, ...

Updated 03-02-2009 at 01:07 PM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Debt Reduction , Trials and Tribulations of been a Housewife.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast