Frugal Village Forums - Anything Food related! - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Anything Food related!

Groceries, menu planning, freezer management, recipes, etc.

1. Smoothies.

by , 06-11-2009 at 10:13 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I thought I"d share some photos of smoothies.

Today's turned out beautiful, delicious and juicy!

Ingredients: 1 cup cold water, 7 leaves romaine heart, 1 small banana, 1/4 fresh pineapple, 1.5 cups frozen peaches and mango mix.

Before:

After:

2. JUne is here!!

by , 06-02-2009 at 09:49 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    And what a wild trip it has been so far. Yesterday morning, it was cold enough to warrant lighting the fireplace. And 8 hours later hot enough to need the A/C. Go figure? BUt that is ok.

I have some goals to accomplish in June.

Need to write them down somewhere easy to find.

- get back on the weightloss journey. I have a great tool for low cal, healthy foods(my Vitamix) so I really have no excuse. It doesn't cost me much to make in there. ...
  3. A little stockpile building.

by , 01-29-2009 at 01:42 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Since there was a little money left in the budget(and still is) for this month. I did some stockpile building.

I went back to Sobeys, and found more cereal coupons. Picked up the 12-packs of soups and went on to Wal-mart.

I picked up 4 boxes of mini-wheats, regular $5.97 for $2. I picked up 2 bottles of shampoo, regular $7.99 for $0. They were clearing them due to new labels in the new shipment, and I had $2 off coupons, so got them for free! I wish I had more coupons for ...

Updated 01-29-2009 at 01:47 PM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Debt Reduction , Anything Food related!
  4. LIttle Trip to the store

by , 01-28-2009 at 09:59 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    My grocery challenge for the month is $400.

I had spent about $300, need to calculate the receipts. I went to Wal-Mart, they had 2 kg Kraft peanut butter on sale for $3 less than usual, so I picked up 3, unfortunately, I didn't have a coupon. I also picked up 4 boxes of Fruit Loops for $.47 a box. Not the large boxes, but still a good deal. As a rule I don't buy the sugary cereals, however, I do get them for camping season. So I put them aside, dh asked if I could get more, and we'll ...
  5. Banana muffin recipe

by , 01-12-2009 at 07:32 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I found the recipe online, so I am sharing it. It's posted at
    http://www.mamashealth.com/recipe/banmuff.asp

Chipper Banana Muffins
    From the book Weight Watchers Simply the Best by Weight Watchers
    Makes 18 Servings
    Marsha likes to bake a batch of muffins on the weekend and freeze them for the hectic weekday morning.
    Ingredients:

• 2 cups
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast