Frugal Village Forums - Savings - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Savings

1. I want to BEAT him~

by , 03-04-2009 at 10:42 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Ok. so last night we're talking, I explain to him that it wouldn't make sense to pay $750+ in penalties and fees to save $155 over the course of 5 years. IT DOESN'T!

So fine, he agrees, but he wants to play "hard ball" and try and get it. But he won't call. Now he wants to wait a month or so. WHAT??? And risk being LAID OFF before we try to get this done?

THen he starts, well needs to see where the money is going, (fine). We've lived here 8 years and he doesn't ...
  2. I'm sooo excited!!!

by , 03-03-2009 at 12:37 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I just cut up another card! YAY!!! AND closed it.

We spoke to the bank, and we're moving ahead with the new financing. We got a great rate. With any luck the rate will be a little lower when we go to sign the papers.

NO penalty, as expected, due to the type of mortgage in the end, and possibly no closing fees depending on what banking "specials" are in effect. We'll know more in the next couple days on that. Our rate might be .25% less as well 4.05% would ...

Updated 03-03-2009 at 12:40 PM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Debt Reduction , Savings
  3. Some days things just plain suck.

by , 01-30-2009 at 12:26 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Yesterday dh comes home and tells me there was an emergency meeting at work. There are potential layoffs.

His boss is meeting with the head of reman operations in the next few weeks and more decisions will be made. Right now this plant is in good standing. For now.

It's very scary! Dh says if they can weather the storm over the next 3 months, they should be ok, that's when agriculture stuff starts kicking in and will up their productivity in that area and will carry them ...

Updated 01-30-2009 at 12:27 PM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Debt Reduction , Savings
  4. Woohoo! I finally remembered!

by , 01-23-2009 at 12:42 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I had 2 subscriptions that I have been meaning to cancel. I cancelled the one on Wednesday and found the number for the next today

There are moments I'm braindead.

I worked out my monthly budget for February today. We have a hotel stay at the end of the month. By doing some tweaking in a few areas, we can pay cash, maintain our snowball and savings plan! Just means, a little less on groceries, a little less pocket money, pray no big fieldtrips at school..lol. ...
    Categories
    Debt Reduction , Savings
  5. Starting additional savings.

by , 01-23-2009 at 09:58 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    While i have an EF, after some discussion on the board yesterday, and the uncertain future of our economy, I'm going to increase savings. I'm going to mess up the order of things a little bit, and start on our 6mo EF.

I have Baby EF. $1000 won't go far. So I'm working on it.

My first goal is to put 3 mo of mortgage payments.

Yesterday I opened the Tax free savings account. I transferred $65 into it. Next week I'll add a little more. I have set up a regular ...

Updated 01-23-2009 at 09:59 AM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Savings
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123