Frugal Village Forums - Debt Reduction - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Debt Reduction

Our 12 month Mission to debt free(except mortgage).

1. Weightloss Woes

by , 02-28-2009 at 11:24 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    This has been so frustrating. I started out with WW in January. Love it. It's simple, I don't go hungry. I'm following the "rules" pretty close. I initially was losing weight nicely.

Now it's lose .4 gain .6 lose 2 gain 1

Up and down and up and down. This will take FOREVER! I want to hit lifetime! I have not decided on a final goal yet, but at the very least I'm 18 lbs away.

So I was talking with the leader today. She asked some very pointed questions. ...
  2. How we got to where we are today.

by , 02-27-2009 at 10:48 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    not a success story, more of a self evaluation. And it took over 10 years to get here.

How we got to be in debt? It took some time to get where we are. We have been fortunate, dh has a decent job, just enough to put us into middle class and all the taxes that come with it, just enough to eliminate us from collecting any of the benefits, GST rebates, etc. Whatever.

Dh was able to buy a house for a good price when he was just a young man. He made $13/hr. It was hard, ...
  3. Some days things just plain suck.

by , 01-30-2009 at 12:26 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Yesterday dh comes home and tells me there was an emergency meeting at work. There are potential layoffs.

His boss is meeting with the head of reman operations in the next few weeks and more decisions will be made. Right now this plant is in good standing. For now.

It's very scary! Dh says if they can weather the storm over the next 3 months, they should be ok, that's when agriculture stuff starts kicking in and will up their productivity in that area and will carry them ...

Updated 01-30-2009 at 12:27 PM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Debt Reduction , Savings
  4. A little stockpile building.

by , 01-29-2009 at 01:42 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Since there was a little money left in the budget(and still is) for this month. I did some stockpile building.

I went back to Sobeys, and found more cereal coupons. Picked up the 12-packs of soups and went on to Wal-mart.

I picked up 4 boxes of mini-wheats, regular $5.97 for $2. I picked up 2 bottles of shampoo, regular $7.99 for $0. They were clearing them due to new labels in the new shipment, and I had $2 off coupons, so got them for free! I wish I had more coupons for ...

Updated 01-29-2009 at 01:47 PM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Debt Reduction , Anything Food related!
  5. LIttle Trip to the store

by , 01-28-2009 at 09:59 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    My grocery challenge for the month is $400.

I had spent about $300, need to calculate the receipts. I went to Wal-Mart, they had 2 kg Kraft peanut butter on sale for $3 less than usual, so I picked up 3, unfortunately, I didn't have a coupon. I also picked up 4 boxes of Fruit Loops for $.47 a box. Not the large boxes, but still a good deal. As a rule I don't buy the sugary cereals, however, I do get them for camping season. So I put them aside, dh asked if I could get more, and we'll ...
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast