Frugal Village Forums - Anything Food related! - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Anything Food related!

Groceries, menu planning, freezer management, recipes, etc.

1. Baking for weightloss?

by , 01-12-2009 at 01:01 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Now that does appear to be an oxymoron if i ever heard one. However, if done right, and treated right, it can work!

This morning I had a great sustaining breakfast. It's 1 hr to lunch and I'm not having and hunger pangs, which has been unusual for me to make the morning without needing a snack.

I had a Banana muffin, made from the WW cookbook, it is amazing, the best banana muffin I've had, they all are rubbery, this one tastes and feels like it came from a bakery. Amazing, ...

Updated 01-12-2009 at 01:10 PM by mommy4ever (changed my mind)

Categories
    Anything Food related! , Weightloss Journey
  2. Fixing the grocery budget!

by , 01-07-2009 at 04:51 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    After reading Hollyhills blog on her budget feeding 3 preteen/teens on $200 per month. I'm rising to the challenge!

Now I'm feeding a few more, 5 days a week I have to feed 8 kids, plus friends, and us 2 adults. The other 2 days it's just 4 kids.

This month I had allotted $600. But, since my pantry is some what well stocked, and meat in the freezer. I'm going for $400, and if I can do it lower, I will. And from there, I'll see what I can do for next month! Maybe I can ...
  3. Cooking, food and more cooking

by , 12-19-2008 at 02:59 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Food seems to be the a huge focus in our lives. With 6 of us and 4 rentals, plus the kids food, it seems I'm always feeding SOME ONE.

I've done various things. OAMC(once a month cooking), extensive menu plannings(since I'm home this one works out great), and Big Cooks.

The big cook is great. It's just like OAMC, but skip the cooking. Freeze it raw, but prepped cook on the day you eat it.

Sweet and sour chicken.
    - 1/2 cup french dressing
    - 1/2 ...

Updated 12-19-2008 at 03:04 PM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Trials and Tribulations of been a Housewife. , Anything Food related!
  4. Another $260 gone!

by , 12-19-2008 at 09:59 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I just finished transferring $260 onto the next CC to pay off. On the weekend I hope to transfer another 500. That will be the first time the balance is under $4000 in years! And to think after the first it'll be under $2000!!!! That is incredibly exciting.

We'll see. I need to maintain enough to cover for a 2 days off that dh is taking next week. That won't be until the 2nd that we feel that. T

I spent a good chunk on groceries yesterday. I was nearly out of all meat in ...
  5. Stockpile building

by , 12-13-2008 at 10:50 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Last night while ds played hockey, I went shopping. I did stockpile building.

I'm insanely jealous of the US sales and coupons, but hey, nothing I can do about it, I'm not on the border, so I can't cross without a 10 hour drive, not practical.

I did hit a dollar days here, so I did pretty good. Some were better yet. So I did ok.

I added:
    ~ 10 boxes of mac n' cheese
    ~ 24 cans tomato soup
    ~ 24 cans cream of mushroom soup
    ~ 8 cans of ...

Updated 12-13-2008 at 10:52 AM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Trials and Tribulations of been a Housewife. , Anything Food related!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast