Frugal Village Forums - Debt Reduction - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Debt Reduction

Our 12 month Mission to debt free(except mortgage).

1. A little of this and that.

by , 01-24-2009 at 02:15 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Yesterday was a busy day, mentally.

I prepared my household budget in detail. I found a free spreadsheet that works well for me.

I then found a Freedom Account spreadsheet. I have made several categories for it.
    clothing, childrens clothing, school fund, school fees, registration, pet fund, auto fund, and home fund. I'm not sure if I've missed any. I have a savings account just for this, because if I leave it in the regular account, it tends to erode away.

Updated 01-24-2009 at 02:17 PM by mommy4ever (forgot one thing!)

Categories
    Debt Reduction , Trials and Tribulations of been a Housewife. , Weightloss Journey
  2. Woohoo! I finally remembered!

by , 01-23-2009 at 12:42 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I had 2 subscriptions that I have been meaning to cancel. I cancelled the one on Wednesday and found the number for the next today

There are moments I'm braindead.

I worked out my monthly budget for February today. We have a hotel stay at the end of the month. By doing some tweaking in a few areas, we can pay cash, maintain our snowball and savings plan! Just means, a little less on groceries, a little less pocket money, pray no big fieldtrips at school..lol. ...
    Categories
    Debt Reduction , Savings
  3. I did it!! I cut 'em up!

by , 01-21-2009 at 12:52 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Ok, after much self-debate, I have decided to do the fund transfer, this will pay off that darn card in just a couple months now.

AND I CUT THAT SUCKER UP! Once the mortgage is renewed, I will close it. Don't need my rating adversely affected prior. But a nice $0 balance will look nice to them So it closes Jan '10.

I also cut up my other $0 balance card! I don't want to ever use that one again. Again, I'll close it in Jan '10.

Now it's time to plan a budget ...
    Categories
    Debt Reduction
  4. Debating how to do this.

by , 01-20-2009 at 11:39 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I have a dumb debt on a a high interest cc. Dumb I know, I was under the impression it was lower.

If I go by balances, I'll end up paying nearly $3000 more in interest. However, if I pay it first, I'd save that $3000. It doesn't lengthen or shorten the amount time paid, we're looking at Feb/mar no matter which way. However, there's no instant gratification in paying things off fast.

I'm thinking i'm throwing all extra money at this one first. It'll take 7 months to get ...
    Categories
    Debt Reduction
  5. Anxiety...

by , 01-15-2009 at 04:10 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    With all the talk of doom and gloom everywhere, being a parent/home owner/entrepreneur is very scary these days.

I'm gazelle intense, talking myself out of purchases, and instead making a wish list for the future in more stable time.

I don't watch the news as what they offer is meant to insight reaction. I don't believe much of what they say, sure there's a down turn, sure it sucks, but is it really the depression that they say it will be?

I know our investments ...
    Categories
    Debt Reduction
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast