Frugal Village Forums - Anything Food related! - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Anything Food related!

Groceries, menu planning, freezer management, recipes, etc.

1. My sorely neglected stockpile :(

by , 12-12-2008 at 01:08 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Now that the new pantry is ready to use, for the most part, I'm noticing that my stockpile has been neglected. Time to get back to basics and stock the pantry. Lots of things I usually have lots of, I have none left.

So it's time to properly organize the new pantry, bring all the food to it, still scattered and see what I have and start combing the sales.

Won't be doing much shopping this week though, dh took time off and didn't put in for sick pay so we're short. But ...

Updated 12-12-2008 at 01:11 PM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Anything Food related!
  2. Keeping on track!

by , 09-17-2008 at 10:37 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I've only had to buy 1 snowsuit this week, actually needed 2, found only one. Snow will be coming soon. Groceries this week were $40. Due to awesome planning last week. This will last us until Saturday, when I do my regular shop.

I'll be planning that oe out in detail to, as it's a great saver! Using up lots from the freezer, most of my groceries are coming from the freezer for the last week, so it's slowly dwindling(that's the plan).

Tomorrow I should be able to transfer ...

Updated 09-17-2008 at 10:38 AM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Debt Reduction , Anything Food related!
  3. Groceries... groceries groceries

by , 09-11-2008 at 02:59 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    So today, I did an inventory on the upright freezer. Meat is plentiful. So I'm refusing to buy any meat for the next 6 weeks. I want to use up what is in there. ThenI can defrost and sanitize it. Also, I will be ordering my 1/2 side of Certified Organic beef. I'm pretty pumped about that!

So, the meat part of my groceries is now taken care of.

Since starting to go organic, (as much as possible), my budget for 6 plus the daycare kids, has been about $175/week. Really ...

Updated 09-11-2008 at 03:16 PM by mommy4ever (categorizine entries.)

Categories
    Anything Food related!
  4. Today's plans

by , 09-11-2008 at 09:56 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Hmm...

I have to get things back in their places now that the carpets are cleaned. The house looks awesome. I SO want to get rid of the carpets on the main floor, but they clean so well, that I'll bear with them for now.

I'm making my shopping list. I need to spend some time looking in the freezer and meal planning from what i have there. I have a bunch of meat that needs to get used up. In fact, I'm going to pull a crock pot meal from there right away and get supper ...

Updated 09-11-2008 at 03:20 PM by mommy4ever (organizing posts.)

Categories
    Anything Food related!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234