Frugal Village Forums - Debt Reduction - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Debt Reduction

Our 12 month Mission to debt free(except mortgage).

1. Working the new budget.

by , 01-10-2009 at 10:36 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Last night i went to the bank, took out cash for dh, for the week, transferred the money that needed to be. Rather than wait to make one payment, I have decided to make all the partial payments, so I don't accidentally spend it. I wait until the new statement day. all are within the first few days of the month, then I pay them, so they may end up with 3 payments a month, but looking at how a mortgage is and how it saves you $$ to do weekly vs. monthly payments, I figure why not.

So, ...

Updated 01-10-2009 at 10:36 AM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Debt Reduction
  2. Working the budget

by , 01-06-2009 at 02:56 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    So, after spending several hours figuring what we are really paying out, I revised my snowball, and changed the dates I pay bills.

All bills are being paid on the 1st or 2nd. I have all except one bill in hand on the 1st. I am doing an estimate based on previous bills, as it rarely changes and paying it on the 1st as well. Should it be any more, then I'll pay the difference when I get the bill. This way, i have a working amount.

I have my grocery money for the month set ...

Updated 01-06-2009 at 05:01 PM by mommy4ever (adding more thoughts)

Categories
    Debt Reduction
  3. Figured out how things go to be where they are!

by , 01-05-2009 at 04:55 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I've been trying to figure how we ended up with so much debt.

There was some frivolous spending no doubt. That surely helped, but looking at the numbers, I know for a fact that there is NO way we blew that on luxury items alone.

Ends up in taking into account that for 5 years we lived on dh income alone. In a world that there's NO way we could stay in the black. If I remove the debt payments, with the current house hold bills: bus passes, groceries, gas, utilities, insurance, ...
    Categories
    Debt Reduction
  4. Made a nice snowball payment today!

by , 01-02-2009 at 10:22 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I just transferred $1000 to the current Bill-du-jour. that card hasn't been under $4000 in over 5 years! Now after Monday it'll be under $3000! I have two more checks due to me on Monday, so the balance should be around $2700.

I had hoped to have a bigger snowball, but unbeknownst to me, the mortgage online said it was paid on Dec 26, but they didn't actually TAKE the money until the 29th, so my reconciliation of the account on the 28th was inaccurate. Dh has had a couple weeks off ...

Updated 01-02-2009 at 10:23 PM by mommy4ever (category, yet again.)

Categories
    Debt Reduction
  5. FIrst handmade gift of the year~

by , 01-01-2009 at 05:12 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I decided to expand my handmade Christmas challenge to handmade gifts period.

I designed my MIL a set of hand towels. Yes Id did have to buy the towels, but they were bought months ago on sale. They love to camp, like we do, 4 to 5 months out of the year, not necessarily everyday but at least every weekend. So I made her this darling set.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast