Frugal Village Forums - Debt Reduction - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Debt Reduction

Our 12 month Mission to debt free(except mortgage).

1. A step in the right direction.

by , 12-31-2008 at 10:38 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Today I made a little luxury purchase. I purchased fabric to make a carry all bag for myself. I got some beautiful fabric, at 50% off. So $18. Very nice indeed.

I tucked the receipt into my calendar with the check register and marked it when i get home. I know exactly what's in the account. I have $700 to last until payday(tomorrow..lol). $200 is a payment to make, and $500 to the snowball. Then I start fresh with the new payday.

New Years Eve. I'm already in my PJ's. ...
  2. Taking a step forward.

by , 12-30-2008 at 11:12 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I just printed a check ledger for dh account. I always have a rough balance in my head but at times I panic. (I have control of all accounts, we can't seem to operate with 2 of us having bank cards, this works for us). We get paid weekly, mortgage bi-weekly. This is only a year now, before we were paid bi-weekly the same week of mortgage. Now it's not, so there are moments I"m thinking it's mortgage due and we're 1/2 short. But it's never been true.

So today I printed a check ledger ...
    Categories
    Debt Reduction
  3. So many great challenges!!!

by , 12-29-2008 at 01:09 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Reading the challenge section, there are SO many awesome and worthy challenges!

I am joining a few. But will likely only post within my blog, too many posts to track otherwise, the blog is easy!

First of all, I'm continuing my debt reduction. This has been going really well and I'm getting more and more cooperation from dh, so this should make it that much easier. I'm hoping to be debt free this year except for mortgage.

Next, I'm working on weightloss. I ...
  4. Another $260 gone!

by , 12-19-2008 at 09:59 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I just finished transferring $260 onto the next CC to pay off. On the weekend I hope to transfer another 500. That will be the first time the balance is under $4000 in years! And to think after the first it'll be under $2000!!!! That is incredibly exciting.

We'll see. I need to maintain enough to cover for a 2 days off that dh is taking next week. That won't be until the 2nd that we feel that. T

I spent a good chunk on groceries yesterday. I was nearly out of all meat in ...
  5. Oh what to do?

by , 12-18-2008 at 09:21 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Dh just got a bonus! A little over one week's pay.

I need to set aside enough to cover the 2 days off he's taking next week without pay, he wants to be off as long as the kids are off. *sigh* which also means he's shopping, spending more.

Anyway. So that leaves me with an bonus $600 to snowball, plus the $300 from the regular pay to put on the next debt! That one, maybe we'll knock out by mid Jan!
    Categories
    Debt Reduction
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast