Frugal Village Forums - Debt Reduction - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Debt Reduction

Our 12 month Mission to debt free(except mortgage).

1. I couldn't wait!(I must be addicted)

by , 12-16-2008 at 07:24 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I paid off the Student loan today from savings and will just transfer money on Thursday to savings instead. That sucker is done like dinna!

Whew!

This means I can start on the next one this month!! Don't need to wait until January we have 2 more pay dates and I should be able to knock off $600 from the next debt.... WOW!

You know once you start seeing it go down, it's like an addiction. I just want to do more and more!

Updated 12-19-2008 at 04:36 PM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Debt Reduction
  2. Almost!

by , 12-15-2008 at 10:15 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    My student loan will be paid off on Thursday!

The balance is $271.91 accumulating .04/day. So I'll add .20 and pay that baby off once and for all!

that is very very very exciting! I'm soooo thrilled.

I just found out dh intends to go shopping next week! I'm FINISHED shopping. I made everything very even. And spent more than enough money. I'm not impressed. He showed NO interest in helping out, now I'm done, and he's spending more. I'm not too happy with him. ...
  3. It's official, I'm obsessed.

by , 12-11-2008 at 05:06 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Based on my mortgage "rules", I can't pay off my mortgage as quickly as I'd like, well, that's not quite right, I *could* but I'd have to pay all the interest if I pay over a certain amount. SO... I am going to do it there way.

Based on numbers, I can pay off by end of 2011, 2 years before I turn 40..lol.

Mortgage rules. I can double our payments. I intend to do this. PLUS I can pay up to 15% of mortgage per year. SO. I intend to this as early in the year as ...

Updated 12-11-2008 at 05:11 PM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Debt Reduction
  4. OMG!! This is exciting!

by , 12-11-2008 at 10:05 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    *Providing* out non mortgage debt is paid off next year as planned, and we continue to live frugally as we have been this last year. If we apply that snowball to our mortgage...... We can't put the whole thing on it, there's some limits but....

Mortgage paid off late 2011 to mid 2012! BEFORE I TURN 40!!! Before ds graduates from high school!!

OMG!! There's the prize right there!!! Now likely be about a year later, as I think we can relax marginally after the non ...

Updated 12-19-2008 at 04:36 PM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Debt Reduction
  5. Another one about to bite the dust!

by , 12-10-2008 at 12:59 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I have $431 left on my student loan! I should be able to finish that baby off this week!!! MIL owes me $100, dh gets paid tomorrow and I have another $25 owed to me as well.

So this time next week, that load is GONE! OUTTA HERE, never to be seen again. Now THAT feels GOOD!

Updated 12-10-2008 at 01:00 PM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Debt Reduction
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast