Frugal Village Forums - Debt Reduction - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Debt Reduction

Our 12 month Mission to debt free(except mortgage).

1. Feeling unsettled.

by , 12-09-2008 at 08:31 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I'm not sure what's up. I'm feeling unsettled. i'm restless. I have things I plan to do, and I get them done. I find nothing holds my attention. Not the books, the internet. I pace. Once the 5yo are at school, I can't settle into anything. The littles are napping the afternoon. I walk around the house, I find power vampires to turnoff or unplug. Today, besides the crock pot, fridge/freezer and the fan for the fireplace, there wasn't anythings on. I had all the lights off, all computers off, no tv, ...
  2. Uncertain futures.

by , 12-09-2008 at 01:01 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I don't like hearing this stuff.

Dh called today telling me his supervisor has told them there are pending layoffs in the new year. This is very stressful. We are doing excellent in terms of paying things off ASAP. If we continue by 2010 we'll only have mortgage to pay.

Dh doesn't feel he's in harms way he's in their top 3 producers. But it still stresses me, as one never knows. It all depends on how the US economy shapes up.

That said, they have ...
  3. Progress... slowly but surely... and random thoughts

by , 12-03-2008 at 05:07 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Today I paid off dh CC, and cleared his working one(94 balance).

I paid off 1/2 of the remaining balance of my student loan!! THis is good.

So, dh has 4 checks this month. I'll be using part of each one to pay off the student loan so January leads to a new month, a new year, and get rid of hopefully another balance!!

It's a little slower than I'd like, sports have been costing us so much that my snowball had to shrink. Next year though we'll only have 1 team ...

Updated 12-19-2008 at 04:37 PM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Debt Reduction
  4. Very frustrated

by , 11-03-2008 at 10:27 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    September went very well, we paid more than our snowball. And October fell apart. We paid only minimums.

I'm ready to throw my hands up in surrender, however that'll get me nowhere and fast.

So I'm rethinking how I'm doing this. I've been doing smallest to largest, dh and my debts combined. It's not working. We just aren't on the same page for spending.So I'm focussing hard on my debts right now. Period. I want to get ahead, I have no idea what the future holds, and ...
    Categories
    Debt Reduction
  5. Another 1/3 of the way!!

by , 09-19-2008 at 09:40 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I wasn't able to determine why we have extra in the account. I didn't have time. I printed it off, and it looks like they didn't take off our car and house insurance, so I don't think there is extra. It's year end now, so I don't think they take out for the last month, but will take double in October, so I'm leaving that money there for October, and have to adjust my calendar so that I am sure the extra is there! I just need to figure out where the insurance money starts and ends so I can do my ...
    Categories
    Debt Reduction
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast