Frugal Village Forums - Debt Reduction - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Debt Reduction

Our 12 month Mission to debt free(except mortgage).

1. Keeping on track!

by , 09-17-2008 at 10:37 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    I've only had to buy 1 snowsuit this week, actually needed 2, found only one. Snow will be coming soon. Groceries this week were $40. Due to awesome planning last week. This will last us until Saturday, when I do my regular shop.

I'll be planning that oe out in detail to, as it's a great saver! Using up lots from the freezer, most of my groceries are coming from the freezer for the last week, so it's slowly dwindling(that's the plan).

Tomorrow I should be able to transfer ...

Updated 09-17-2008 at 10:38 AM by mommy4ever

Categories
    Debt Reduction , Anything Food related!
  2. September goal 1/3 complete

by , 09-11-2008 at 03:18 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Today I made a $250 extra snowball payment this week.

Goal is $750 extra for september. Goal success to date: 250/750

If I can do it again next week, I should be able to payoff the one LOC next week! And start on the next bill Hoping to pay THAT one off Oct 1 and start on the next one!

Seeing $0 balances is ADDICTING

Updated 09-11-2008 at 03:19 PM by mommy4ever (Can't do fractions!)

Categories
    Debt Reduction
  3. Busy Morning!!!

by , 09-10-2008 at 02:35 PM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    Today the carpet cleaning guys came in. And he convinced me to keep the carpets. yes, they show dirt more quickly than a darker carpet, but maintaining them is a once a year thing, and they clean easily and don't stain. He didn't suggest ripping them out yet.

I'd love to go with different flooring that would be $200-300 a year I"m not paying out, BUT, it would be a $3000 minimum to et it done..lol

SO I figure when we pay off the mortgage, we save for a year and ...

Updated 09-11-2008 at 03:22 PM by mommy4ever (organizing posts.)

Categories
    Debt Reduction , Trials and Tribulations of been a Housewife.
  4. The Final Countdown!

by , 09-09-2008 at 10:42 AM (Travelling on the frugal path to Freedom)
    This month we had some news that is somewhat disturbing. Dh company has closed down, or is in the process of closing down one of the plants here in Canada. This is somewhat anxiety causing for us. We have a fairly big debt load. And if he ends up laid off, whether there is a compensation package or not, we may end up in tight times. Dh's plant does have an operating budget for 2009, and they are profitable, so this worry might be all for nothing. He will get another job, but it's unlikely the same ...

Updated 09-11-2008 at 03:26 PM by mommy4ever (organizing posts.)

Categories
    Debt Reduction
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789