Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    Way to recreate those leftovers. I need to improve on doing this. I end up trashing a lot of food, and that is so costly & wasteful.
    • |
    My stockpile:
    20 lbs. rice
    35 lbs. noodles
    5 lbs. cous cous
    5 lbs. barley
    40 packets ramen
    6 large cans coffee
    6 bottles creamer
    10 lbs. flour
    lots of boxed "cake-type" mixes
    15 lg cans spaghetti sauce
    15 cans spiced diced tomatoes
    24 cans creamof something soup
    innumerable packets of sauce mix
    largish freezer full of meat & frozen veggies
    large box powdered milk (only for SERIOUS emergencies..ugh!)
    10 lbs pancake mix
    6 lbs. brownie mix
    10 lbs. oatmeal
    spices, spices, and more spices
    24 packs various jello and pudding

* note: do not EVER try to make instant pudding with powdered milk..serious yuck factor.
    • |
    great job!!
    • |
    Good for you Stacey!
    • |
    Great buys on the groceries. We eat tons of cheerios the kids really love them, but not very often can we get them for very cheap.
    • |
    StaceyS, good for you!! I think in times like this it is very important to stockpile all you can. I have quite a list as well and it continues to grow everyday. I believe that if for whatever reason, the economy gets so bad that food will not be readily available (which in some places it is already like that), it is good to have a large supply on hand. Bravo girl and keep it up!!
    • |
    That sounds tasty! I'll might try making that sometime.
    • |
    I made a cross rib roast that I got on sale (and it came with free salad, french bread and frozen "steam and mash" potatoes) So good and it fed 5 hungry adults with a tiny bit of roast left for me to figure out what to do with. I'm thinking stroganoff sounds good.
    • |
    Hi Stacey,
    What was for dinner?
    Stacey I am very new and a bit confused where to post my daily (if I am in the mood to do that) comments achievements. Under the blog or somewhere else. Please help me.
    Winner
    • |
    OMG!!! THANK YOU!!
    easy n' cheap, but most importantly... not threatening to the "never cooked in my life" peeps like me... I had no idea you could make your own granola bars... You've opened a whole new world! Thanks for posting!
    • |
    Thanks! My parents are finally gone, so I can now plan my menus.
    • |
    Well done Stacey! Hope you will post what you eat, it will be interesting to see how others spend their $25. I have started early too, to take advantage of being near store yesterday. Have done a freezer & pantry inventory so I can plan my meals.
    Hope it goes well for you
    • |
    Just me - The pooch in my sig is my boyfriends. I couldn't afford to feed him!
    • |
    Sounds like a fun challenge! How many people in your household? And does any of that money include pet food?
    • |
    Good luck!
    • |
    Oh - and I'm going to do it as a sort of weight loss blog/challenge, too.