Frugal Village Forums - Uncategorized - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Day 8

by , 11-04-2008 at 12:12 PM
    I got my Smith's ad early and they are having some great sales starting tomorrow. I intend to get a whole chicken ($.59/lb!) and possibly some apples and onions. They sent me some coupons for free pepsi 12 pk, gatorade 6 pack, barilla pasta sauce and pack of nature valley granola bars.

Anyway, for tonights dinner, I am going to use up items in the fridge and make enchilada casserole. I have leftover meatloaf (from DBF's house), corn in the freezer, black beans from the pantry, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. I Love leftovers!

by , 11-04-2008 at 09:38 AM
    Last night I made the BEST meal out of leftovers. When it's just me, I don't worry about someone thinking what I make is "wierd", so...
    I took the leftovers from the roast I made friday night (1/2 of it was just fat, so I trimmed it well) Thawed out some of the sauteed zucchini and squash I bought at the beginning of the challenge, made a little bow tie pasta and tossed it all with the bargin blue cheese dressing I bought. All I can say is WOW. If I saw this on a menu I would ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 5

by , 11-01-2008 at 10:35 AM
    Well dinner last night was awesome! Not much in the way of leftovers, but everyone enjoyed it.

I need to clean up now, so I'll post more later (after coffee!)
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 4 - $25/wk challenge

by , 10-31-2008 at 09:35 AM
    Well, today is day 4 for me. Tomorrow is when the rest of you start. Good luck!
    Today is my bosses birthday, so we all have lunch (on the company).
    And tonight I'm making the cross rib roast for my boyfriend and our friends Dana and Jane. I'm going to use green beans from the freezer and the frozen Orida steam and mash potatoes I got for free. The salad I took to DBF's should still be good, so I'll make that too.
    Tomorrow is the fun day. I'm going to figure out what ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_0584.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	23390  

5. I know this shouldn't irritate me, but...

by , 10-30-2008 at 07:33 PM
    My Lowe's card just "lowered" itself to exactly the amount I owe. I had just decided I was finally going to bite the bullet and buy myself a washer & dryer (I've been hauling my dirty undies around for 2+ years!) and they go and do this. I know it's better if I pay cash, but I was going to do the 6 month same as cash crap. I guess I'll wait til xmas bonus time and get them then...

Updated 10-30-2008 at 07:33 PM by StaceyS

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast