Frugal Village Forums - Uncategorized - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Day 3

by , 10-30-2008 at 09:13 AM
    Woo Hoo! I managed to get up and do the treadmill 3 days in a row! I think that's a record for me!

Anyway, same basic meal plan for today. I'm normally not a cereal person, but the raisin bran is really hitting the spot for some reason. I'll have one of the the Miso soup bowls for lunch. Unfortunately, the bowl says 2 servings, and I'm quite sure I cannot put half back i the fridge. It's way too good. I'll try, but won't gaurantee. I only have one serving of salad left, so ...

Updated 10-30-2008 at 09:55 PM by StaceyS

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 2

by , 10-29-2008 at 11:30 AM
    Pretty much the same as yesterday, except I have leftover pineapple/onion pizza for lunch with my salad. Also, I forgot my grapefruit, so I'll either save it for tomorrow or eat it later tonight.

My grocery ads are out today. Some good sales, with my coupons I can stock up on a few things.

I ended up eating one of the Nutrasystem meals that my Dad gave me for dinner (with sauteed zucchini and salad) because I spent too long helping my friend move and then more cleaning ...

Updated 10-30-2008 at 09:09 AM by StaceyS

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. One HUGE benefit I have during this challenge...

by , 10-28-2008 at 05:27 PM
    My co-worker's son works at Starbucks, so they have ground coffee and tea coming out their ears - so I get it free. Even if I didn't get it from her, my bosses supply coffee.

If it we're available, I'd probably switch to tea. In the winter I really like a warm drink in the morning.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 1 (for me)

by , 10-28-2008 at 09:16 AM
    First of all - I got up and used the treadmill this morning! Yippie!

I decided to start today since I have some perishables from my shopping trip. I'm dividing my two boxes of cereal into 18 baggies (I'll do one box at a time so that it doesn't get stale too quick) since there are 18 work days in November. I may have to use one soy milk from my stockpile. We'll see.

Anyway, here's the plan (so far) for today:

1/2 grapefruit
    1/9th box Cascadian ...

Updated 10-29-2008 at 11:28 AM by StaceyS

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A thought...

by , 10-27-2008 at 04:43 PM
    I just had a thought..
    I now have $30.05 left for our challenge. I want to get a ham, when they go on sale this month, to can single servings for the year. I also want to stock up on the baking supplies when they go on sale.
    So... even though I want to go get eggs and cheese, I don't need them right now. I'll have to adjust my recipes until I can go out to get them. I printed out a cobbler recipe from the link I posted and it calls for an egg. I don't have any, so I searched ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast