Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    I hope she has a good time at the dance. We go through many of the same things here with my DD and ex...It's nice that his girlfriend is trying to make it special as well.
    • |
    Oh wow. I'm sorry that something like that happened. I'm glad you're moving.
    • |
    I agree with Sabrina. That is a great deal living with your friend! Good luck!
    • |
    you wouldnt owe him anything for breaking the lease. if the apt is unsafe to live and he wont fix anything. you have the right to break the lease due to neglect from landlord. and if he sues you, i think the judge is on your side
    • |
    My ex's girl friend is paying to have my daughters hair done to make it extra special. I guess it's worth the money since her dad is taking her, usually for father stuff she always had to take one of my friends, etc cause her dad wasn't around
    • |
    Hang in there. She actually did pretty good for $42. After the dance you should ask the husband to pay you back as he should have paid the ticket and split the expense. Thank him for taking her and then ask him to pay for it . I had one daughter that could find a cute dress for $8 at Wet Seal and another who never liked anything that wasn't close to $200. Thank goodness she didn't go to many dances. Then they hit you up for the hair, waxing and nails. Good luck it only lasts a short time but feels like forever.
    • |
    oh no!! This is the first "dumpy" place i've ever had. I'm glad I always have the option of moving in with good friends if it ever gets really bad here.
    • |
    I feel for you! I moved recently because of bad neighbors and now I have WORSE neighbors!
    • |
    Yay I worked my butt off and finally caught up.
    • |
    I hope everything works out for you.
    • |
    Hang in there. You only have 4 more months!
    • |
    I've made $15 so far today so $45 by sometime tomorrow should be doable. I can grab the extra pull ups and baby cream needed for my kid's skin from my ex's. I should be clear by Friday I believe.
    • |
    Go for it.Great goals!
    • |
    Good for you to have great goals since you are going to be by yourself! Good luck!
    • |
    I think the $600 bill is 6 months worth. My bills seem to run me $75-100 a month. I definately can save money off electric somehow
    • |
    My average bill is over $300/month. I am all-electric, and I don't have a water bill because I'm on a well, but I pay for it in electric costs (to pump it up a hill to the house).
    • |
    $600!!! WOW!!! Good thing you were able to make payment arrangements. That is alot of money.
    • |
    I made payment arrangements that is doable for me. I'm glad I was able to do it before a shut off notice because they won't work with you then
    • |
    EEEEEK.....sorry....Hope they can work it out for you.
    • |
    It's great to have friends to share - everyone wins. Just started using my home made powdered detergent and it's working well. Since I have to use the dryer, I also bought those ribbed rubber balls for the dryer so eliminate using dryer sheets and shorten the drying time. An investment, but I still win in the long run!!

Keep up the good work!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast