Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    Thanks !Nancy. I love all your flower and tree pics
    • |
    Yes, most of the people were very friendly. I kept the shopping to the minimum-only extreme bargains.
    • |
    What a great trip with lots to do!! I've heard that the people there are great too!!
    • |
    Sounds like you had a delightful trip! Great deals at Victoria's Secret too!
    • |
    I think it's interesting that you are buying in other states also...along with vacant lots.
    • |
    good luck with your investments - interesting information. I don't think that rental properties are the way to go for me.
    • |
    They have a separate lane for the Carpool and it is usually less crowded and every so often they have an entrance to the car pool lane. You can get a carpool violation for not having enough people in the car- usually 2 or 3 during peak use times. Or by crossing over the solid line to enter the carpool lane. I bought 5 houses in Ohio because I grew up there and I wanted to replace my income. They were fixer uppers and I kept finding good deals and buying. Out in CA the median price for a home is still 250k so I couldn't afford to buy out here. I bought them and then my husband changed his mind about fixing them and I have had a slow start.
    Updated 03-19-2009 at 08:59 PM by frugal-fannie
    • |
    I hope I'm not being too nosey..but how did you end up with 5 houses???

And./..what is a car pool violation>? If you don't car pool..you get fined?
    • |
    They say a DUI can cost about 10k in legal fees out here in CA and that was before it went up.
    • |
    Sounds like things are moving right along even though it seems to be dragging for you. That's great that the cop was easy on you!
    • |
    Ouch..... don't want to get a car pool violation.
    • |
    I did ask for cottage cheese instead of potatoes on at least one meal- The guilt getting to me. I did only gain 2 pounds. I like Mandalay Bays Seafood buffet.Good luck everyone!
    • |
    I am HEADING to Vegas this week, and hoping I can be good. It is a business trip, so probably not much time to relax and eat, but I know we'll do at least ONE trip to McCormick and Schmick's!
    • |
    Sounds like you had a great time! Good for you. Don't worry about the extra pounds...you will lose them quickly once you are back into your regular routine.
    • |
    What fun for you and your family!! We're planning on going in October for husband's class reunion - great people!! sounds like you left a little $$s for us!!
    • |
    Great job, Mom!
    • |
    Debbie,Thanks, for the compliment. Early Bird you are right I have had better luck finding the knife sets at estate sales.
    • |
    Good for you! It shows why your children as so well-rounded and goal oriented....you raised them that way!
    • |
    I have a great tip about keeping your silverware shiny (thanks to my MIL): After polishing or using, wrap it in Saran wrap!
    • |
    Great going.

Y'know, I have found many breadmakers at the thrift stores, but good knives are harder to come by.
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast