Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    Planted 6 trees! My arms hurt just thinking about it! Nice. I wish it were warm enough here for me to get out and enjoy the outdoors.
    • |
    I hope you finally got some rest especially when you have to do it all over again today! Take care.
    • |
    I could not write my oldest daughter's college when she turned 24.I am not a tax expert so I would check with one on how the dependent thing goes. Some workman killed my last rosemary bush when they were working on some cement work. I have a sage bush that has very pretty purple flowers- for another easy herb perennial. I have a lot of land but not where I can grow anything on it. My house sits on about 1/4-1/3 acre. I terraced the back and that is where I am putting most of the trees. I do a lot of container gardening also. Partly because the dogs will not leave anything alone.
    • |
    Aloha Frugal-Fannie,
    You are an ambitious woman - congrats on all you do. Love your gardening skills. Do you have a lot of land to cultivate? I want to create some container gardens - starting small so I don't get overwhelmed. My rosemary has done really well. Last year for Christmas, I bought some really small rosemary plants on sale early in the year, gave the grown up plants along with recipes for gifts - a great smelling gift!!

Am thinking of planting some basil this year and making pesto for holiday gifts.
    Our daughter just finished her undergrad work and is now going for her phd. At what age can we no longer claim her as a deduction?

Mauimagic
    • |
    I hate taxes. Don't even get me started.

I wish I was able to plant things like that! I am so jealous!
    • |
    yeah, I will be getting things done this weekend. Because after that -,no time
    • |
    Well it is good with the way the economy is they offer you more hours! Congrats.
    • |
    The bird flu and other viruses worry me as well. It could happen so fast
    • |
    I was reading an article about Pelosi visiting the Pope and he also referred to the Democrats being the Death Party so I am in good company.
    • |
    You really got some great deals!! Good for you!
    • |
    Wow, sounds like there is alot going on in your world and you are loving it! Good for you! I hope your daughter gets the house for a great price and good luck at the tourney!

P.S. Yes, you do have your hubby well trained!
    • |
    Wow, you got some great buys! I love to go to Estate Sales, my Mom and I go often!
    • |
    Wow, you got some really great deals! I love milk glass! Talking about this...I really miss garage sales and can't wait for them to start!
    • |
    Oh, I am so sorry it was a scam! It sounded kind of exciting! Oh well, at least you didn't lose anything.
    • |
    I remembered I had there number and I googled it and it is a scam. Darn it.
    • |
    You kidding if they did show up I wouldn't have to act surprised and they would all get a hug.I will avoid Bathrobes and hope it is legit.
    • |
    HA! Just make sure you don't linger in your bathrobe for too long in the mornings...that is always when they seem to catch people with the cameras!

I've never done anything with PCH, so I don't know. But if he didn't try to sell you anything, it sounds kind of legit! I'll keep my fingers crossed, and in the meantime, practice your "winning suprised look"!
    • |
    I hadn't heard about freezing it for 30 days, but the spreading from hand contact scared the beans out of me. I already open the door at work with a paper towel. I wonder if rubber/latex gloves are a fashion statement.
    • |
    Trichinellosis is pretty rare in the US these days, due to laws affecting how it is raised. It can be gotten rid of by cooking meat to 165F or freezing it for 30 days or more.
    • |
    Great stockpile you have! WTG! That is just gross! I would never have watched that.. yuck!
    Updated 02-04-2009 at 11:11 AM by Debbie-cat