Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    Ewww! I saw a documentary once and they pulled a larvae out of woman's scalp...and yes, I had nightmares about it! Totally grossed me out!

I watched most of the superbowl, but once DH went to bed, I switched the channel, so I missed the best parts! I now kind of wished I had watched it until the end!
    • |
    #9 really touched me as I am missing my hometown very much right now. Nice getting to know you.
    • |
    Hi! I enjoyed reading and getting to know more about you. I can relate to #1. I love old people, adore them. Love listening to stories and everything having to do with them. I'm always trying to figure out ...in a I really am interested way what makes people tick. Ultimately I'm more interested in people than anything else. Could people watch all day long, I could listen to strangers stories forever, watch children do their thing.

Fun to read.
    • |
    That is very important, If you don't agree. There's always something you can do.
    • |
    I feel slightly better, I heard they may not have my tax dollars fund this, as the people have been calling their congress/senators. I heard it might be off the bill. I am going to call and complain, just in case they try and put it back on.
    • |
    I'd like to think of myself as a nice and lovely democrat.

I'm also going to add kind, peaceful, smart, and outgoing to my list too. Giggle.

Hope you had a wonderful day today.
    • |
    ok, it is a touchy subject. Ladies, stop fighting. I vote rep. because of issues such as abortion, but while i am FIRMLY AGAINST IT, I agree with writtenonmybody, if people are going to do it anyway, it should be offered as a safe procedure. I don't think drs. should be forced to do it or pharmacies should be forced to sell the morning after pill, but the women who will do it should do it with a dr. who knows what he is doing.I DO BELIEVE PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTIONS SHOULD BE ENDED. Most people know in plenty of time to choose.
    • |
    I don't think it is for me to Judge, but some like me believe the sins of the nation will cause judgment against a nation. And babies are innocent victims. God mentions many times how Baal sacrificed infants and how it caused the judgment to be taken out on the country, they were supposed to stop it and did not . I would figure that is where we are, only the fact that we support Israel has held off USA's judgment.I also kind of look at it like the time of Hitler. Everyone knew it was murder but no one spoke up, then they took more people not just jews. I am speaking up.I sure there was plenty of nice and good people forced into Hitlers service. I am sure and know plenty of nice and lovely Democrats.
    Updated 01-27-2009 at 02:49 AM by frugal-fannie
    • |
    You don't need to educate me on abortion. I know. I've read it all. Why do you think I come to the decision on my own that I would not take away the right. I know your arguments inside and out. You have a right to your opinion and I have a right to mine. And personally, I don't feel any differently about you because of your opinion on this. I hope that you give me the same. It's a tough topic. Believe me, as my 2 year old daughter sleeps in my bedroom I stare at her and wonder why anyone would. But it still doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't want it illegal.

Ultimately I think that women all over the world (especially poor women) have a right to reproductive rights period. Covering all aspects from birth control to Pre-natal care to abortion.

But, It didn't really answer my question that I'm thinking out in my head too. It's a hard one to answer, isn't it?
    Updated 01-27-2009 at 01:47 AM by writtenonmybody
    • |
    I frankly remember when the abortion rights passed and if you remember. They did not have the day after pill birth control was not readily available. You had to go back to the pharmacist to get condoms. Now you can go to any grocery and for less than the cost of makeup or a Happy meal you can get protection. So I don't think people really have an excuse any more. The amount of people that actually died from botched abortions is a drop in the bucket to the ocean of babies that have been killed. The more often complication is that they would sterilize themselves. They are already keeping the babies alive earlier and earlier. They have prosecuted people for shooting a pregnant woman and killing a baby, because it could have lived outside of the womb-I don't see the difference. It is murder.Also Clinton signed fetal research bill that they harvest tissue from babies that are viable the head is left in the birth canal. The hospital I worked for was doing the operations were they put the tissue in treatment of parkinsons. Clinton lied that it was not being done and expanded the research. Probably for makeup companies to use fetal tissue for anti aging. Don't believe everything you hear on the mainstream media.
    Updated 01-27-2009 at 01:38 AM by frugal-fannie
    • |
    Wow, that is some list. Totally interested in the solar stove. Too bad you can't have chickens. Ugh.

Good Luck on everything!
    • |
    Interesting.

Believe in the death penalty? Believe in war? All death. I don't believe in either. I'm extremely against any type of violence, does abortion bother me. yes. Would I want to tell others they can't have one. No. Some still will.

Obama isn't doing anything that hasn't been done before.

This policy flips and flops from one administration to the next, from Ronald Reagan, who established it in 1984, to President Bill Clinton, who ended it in 1993, to President George W. Bush, who changed it back in 2001.

I mean ultimately would I want to see them illegal no. I wouldn't. I don't want women in back alleys doing this. period. Have I had one. No. I couldn't do it. But I wouldn't want that right taken away from anyone else.

It's such a touchy subject with many different emotions and feelings. No woman thinks... Hey I'm going to get pregnant just to have an abortion. But who am I to tell someone they can't. And ultimately, it won't stop it from happening anyway. Does it pain me. yes. I love children. Do I think about it yes. I still come to the same choice. I wouldn't make it illegal.

I do have a question though. One I've thought out in my head as a person who would not have one.

If it were illegal, what should happen to a woman who has an abortion done illegally?

Very hard question for me to answer. I'm curious with no judgement on what you think of that question?
    Updated 01-27-2009 at 01:21 AM by writtenonmybody
    • |
    I think if you knowingly support a party whose platform has abortion, you are supporting the death party. I stopped voting democrat when they added it to their platform in the 80's. I am fried at the party who acts so caring but is more concerned about some humans carbon print that they would like to exterminate them.
    • |
    Wow, I'm speechless. God bless America and our right to free speech.

I'm a bit offended though that I'm part of the death party. I hardly believe that is true as a whole.
    • |
    I usually check in to FV at night when I am winding down and in the morning before I go to work.It has gotten easier now that my youngest is soon to be 17. Now I just provide money and a ear to listen, and encouraging words topped off by prayer. I have 4 pretty good kids.
    • |
    Wow!!! I don't know how you do it all! You are one busy girl!!!!

I like some of your ideas though....the propagating of trees and plants....swapmeet.

Good luck on all your chores! I am sure you will be busy for a very long time.
    • |
    Yes, it is scary times right now and yes alot of Americans put their total trust in newspaper media. Who controls the media? All we can do is hang tight, be prepared for anything and hope for the best.
    Updated 01-22-2009 at 12:31 PM by Debbie-cat
    • |
    Thanks, I am a little less mad at myself today.But I may clean the bathroom
    Updated 01-20-2009 at 11:31 PM by frugal-fannie
    • |
    I think a little wine would kill your appetite and is better for your health. I guess beer would be the same way.
    • |
    That is too funny! It could work though...back when DH was livin the bachelor life, he spent the majority of his time in the bars. He'd basically drink his meals, and he was quite skinny! Once he moved in with me and actually started eating meals that required chewing he put on a ton of weight!