Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer
    As a man who hates to ask for directions, I would not do without my GPS. I bought it for my wife. It was a good reason since I had been wanting one.
    Same here on the GPS....one of the best things we've ever bought! Hubby bought it for me when I had to go to Seattle on a business trip....didn't want me to get lost up there....since then, we've used it so much and it's comforting to know we can always find our way around very easily.
    Updated 06-01-2009 at 12:56 AM by Luckybustert
    • |
    Great news on the interview and good luck on the test!!

Great shopping - am very impressed - you are an expert!!
    • |
    As a man who hates to ask for directions, I would not do without my GPS. I bought it for my wife. It was a good reason since I had been wanting one.
    • |
    If I lived in the country, I would grow my own meat,hunt or buy direct from a farmer. and freeze and can my vegatables or fruit. I know growing up in a small town we had one market and had to drive 30 minutes to get to a larger store. Not much competition for your business. Here there are 3 large chains, mexican and chinese, indian stores and other smaller chains all competing so it is a lot easier to find good deals and within a few miles from home.
    • |
    I have been doing this for a few years. It is related to the medical record. Usually you have to verify that the doctors documentation justifies what was billed on the coding, otherwise the government or insurances take back money that they paid to physicians or medical clinics.
    • |
    Wow, you really stumbled into some fantastic deals! I wish food was that cheap around here! Congrats.
    • |
    Lots of energy in your life!! Frugal doesn't mean never spend money ever!! Enjoy your purchases!!
    • |
    life sounds busy and full. I understand... juggling so many balls and hoping you don't drop one because then you may lose all of them.

San Diego is nice, hope your daughter did well and had fun. What do you have do in a home auditing job?
    • |
    I think it might depend on your state. I know when we eloped we went over the border to PA and tried to buy champagne and discovered it was a dry state. Ohio sells some alcohol in the super markets. Here in CA they have a lot of wine coupons, and they sell all types of alcohol. I bought a bottle of 100 year old aged scotch whiskey on clearance once for 3.99 at Ralphs.My buy of the century. I am waiting for my husbands retirement and I will open it up. LOL
    Updated 05-17-2009 at 12:02 AM by frugal-fannie
    • |
    I shop at Kroger here in Atlanta, they have awesome sales. Does Ralph's sell liquor now?
    • |
    Great deals! And free chocolate is really great!
    • |
    Great buys!!! I too hope the jobs work out for you!
    • |
    It sounds like you got a lot of good buys! Hope the job works out for you.
    • |
    Of course it'd be in the one place you've got carpeting <sigh> We went through some water issues here already - no fun. Hope it will be over for you soon.
    Good luck to your DD on the job! That would be fantastic. My DD is only 17 - but we've gotten to the point where it's time for her to start meeting her own standards...
    • |
    So sorry to hear about your leak!!! That's awful! Godd luck for your daughter getting the job!
    • |
    Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day! I bet the dresses were gorgeous...they sound like it. I like your youngest idea of a gift .... a kitten!
    • |
    Yes, I like wine too. And chocolate and.... coffee.
    • |
    I was planning to eat breakfast but ended up being so busy I didn't have time to eat. Mashed potatoes are my comfort food. Totally stress day at work today.LOL
    • |
    You are like me....wine for a snack! I love it! Another weakness of mine is potatoes. I love them, cooked every way. Good eating today!
    • |
    I think you did very well, but I would need more than tea for breakfast!
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast