Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    Saved, it was not prepackaged. I will try and do better today.
    • |
    Great deals!!!
    • |
    Actually it is Ralphs or Krogers to the people back east.They have a $5 off on flower's from Meridian wine on sale for $6.99 with 2 bottle purchase. and the small orchids are on sale for $9.99. I purchased 2 yellow and purple ones. The chicken was on sale Tues. for .67 a pound but marked down . Limit 3 each trip or I would have taken the lot. LOL I am not sure all the states let wine companies put coupons on wine but the other 2 bottles was a penguin brand I hadn't tried before and had a coupn for $2 off meat and when you purchase 6 you get an additional discount of 10%
    Updated 05-07-2009 at 09:55 AM by frugal-fannie
    • |
    I wouldn't give you a "D" for that one. Maybe a C-, but only if dinner was one of those packaged jobs.
    • |
    Oh, I like the deals at that store! DD was trying to get me to buy her some perfume that comes with an orchid...I'd much rather have the wine though
    • |
    The gory details weren't that bad....better than mine but I won't even write down what I ate...
    • |
    That is such a good price on meat! And wine is always nice.... It is so expensive in Canada that we have it only for VERY SPECIAL times... want to smuggle me some? LOL.
    • |
    I would love to hit one of those huge ones. I love getting something that I really wanted but hated to spend the money on. One time I bought a bat house for $2 and car chains for $2. I was planning on buying them anyway-so I loved the savings.The guitar case is one of those. I have been looking to buy one but didn't want to pay the regular price.
    • |
    I love garage sales, we're having one in 2 weeks, but there are also other activities planned day and that busy person inside me wants to not have the sale and go shopping ! Duh, is that not a dumb move. But we find a lot of good bargains at garage sales. We have over the 4th of July a Mile Long yard sale which each year tends to be another mile added on to it. It is like bargains galore, can't wait!
    • |
    Sounds like great deals! I LOVE garage sales.
    • |
    Thanks Debbie I am feeling a little better, probably a light case of Swine Flu.
    • |
    I hope you start feeling better soon!
    • |
    I heard about this in the news this morning (What a thing to wake up to!) Please do stay safe. Scary stuff, scary times.
    • |
    Thanks FF! You know where I live there are just SO MANY illegals from Mexico (as they are everywhere, I guess). Update: NY has just closed a school where 75 students all have flu like symptoms....they have just come back from a Mexico trip. Yikes. We all must be even more careful.
    • |
    If it is spreading human to human(which it looks like it is as most of the people haven't been in contact with pigs. Then it is probably already in your area in NM as you are close to the border. CA just started to have emergency rooms asking if people had flu symptoms and were in contact with someone or recently traveled to Mexico. That is most of the population of LA county. Unfortunately I still have to work and of course it is at a hospital, which is where all the sick people will come.LOL We can just pray for the best. I would make sure you and all your familyl get a flu shot.
    Updated 04-25-2009 at 09:37 AM by frugal-fannie
    • |
    Stay safe! I am glad you are getting prepared.
    • |
    I too saw this report. I need to check on how many N95 masks I have on hand. I use them for other things. Another reason to be prepared for anything.
    • |
    I watched and listened to the news today. The Texas cases are in my area but still on the Texas side--for now. This swine flu took me by surprise because I was expecting bird flu.

I just saw on the news where the Mexican govt is cancelling all public events and closing their markets in Mexico City. They are closing their schools too.

I'm also going to stock up on some more stuff this weekend too. I do not have masks. That's at the top of my list.

Good luck--keep us posted.
    Updated 04-24-2009 at 11:03 PM by LastDragonfly
    • |
    I'm glad that you went to see a doctor. Makes you wonder how doctors can book so far in advance. (Not like the olden days when we could call at 8:00 a.m. and get seen at 2:00 p.m.--the same day. huh?) lol

I'm glad the repairs are almost finished...another sigh of relief I know.

I'm thinkin good thoughts for ya!
    Hugz
    • |
    Good for you on the house repair money! That's awesome.

I kind of figured it had something to do with your inner ear. Glad you got it taken care of. Yes, you need to take care of you better. You are worth it!
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast