Frugal Village Forums - Quotes - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Quotes

Frugal and other food for thought quotes.

1. Standing On The Scale

by , 04-27-2012 at 06:14 AM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Day after day, countless people across the globe get on a scale in search of validation of beauty and social acceptance.

But I have yet to see a scale that can tell you how enchanting your eyes are. I have yet to see a scale that can show you how wonderful your hair looks when the sun shines its glorious rays on it. I have yet to see a scale that can thank you for your compassion, sense of humor, and contagious smile...

So don't give the scale more power than it
  2. Giving

by , 03-05-2009 at 09:19 AM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Giving tells the Universe that you believe you are provided for. For even as you empty your purse, you fear not. The act alone is a demonstration of faith that you will remain whole, that your coffers will be replenished, and that love is what matters most. And for whomsoever believes these things to be true, it shall become their reality, and abundance shall be showered upon them unceasingly, as if the heavens had opened up.

-Mike Dooley
    Inspirational Author, Speaker and Friend ...
  3. Remember

by , 09-08-2008 at 02:42 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Remember that the right temperature in a home is maintained by warm hearts, not by icy glares, lukewarm enthusiasm, or hotheads! Your attitude can set the tone for your whole family. So use whatever scraps you can find—even if, in the beginning, it’s just the scrap of a smile—and make a gift of whatever you have. Then watch the gifts come back to you.

-Barbara Johnson
    Categories
    Quotes
  4. Reduce The Clutter

by , 08-26-2008 at 07:04 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Look at your own life. Has it become overly complex? Have you found yourself burdened by too many possessions or responsibilities? Take a deep breath and ask yourself: “What steps can I take to reduce the clutter so that I may live simply and joyously?”

-Douglas Bloch
    Categories
    Quotes
  5. Recess

by , 08-20-2008 at 11:13 AM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    I continue to love recess. I have learned along the journey how important play is to our lives as long as it is our minor and not our major. We were designed to work and to work heartily. I don’t think there is any sweeter sleep than that which follows a diligent day’s work. But without respite, work will wear us to a frazzle. Recess keeps the dazzle in our footsteps.

-Patsy Clairmont
    Categories
    Quotes
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast