Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. 8 Ways A Recession Can Benefit You In The Long Run

by , 07-03-2009 at 05:11 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    In the midst of a recession, it’s easy to feel like things will never get better. The news is filled with reports of layoffs and stock market declines, the atmosphere at work is somber, and talk about the economy even makes its way into the TV shows you watch to get away from it all.

But instead of just sitting around and feeling miserable or doing nothing and hoping for the best, there are steps you can actively take to improve your financial situation during a recession, when money ...
  2. Frugal Shoppers Become Swappers

3. How Great Sex Can Make You Rich

by , 05-17-2009 at 01:51 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Here's the actual title (didn't want to freak anyone out.):

Financial Advice from a Call Girl: How Great Sex Can Make You Rich

When people think about the best financial advice they have ever received, it usually comes from a family member, a close mentor or a financial guru. So it’s with a bit of embarrassment that I must admit that the best financial advice I ever received came from a call girl I slept with in my younger days. Even more surprising, it wasn’t intended ...

Updated 05-17-2009 at 01:54 PM by [email protected]

Categories
    Frugal Shares
  4. What Would Happen If Everyone Were Frugal?

by , 05-17-2009 at 01:41 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Frugality and thrift are far from the predominant mindsets in our culture, even among the multitudes of people who are taking control of their finances and paying down debt. In times past (the Great Depression comes to mind), "thrift" was seen as a virtue, but not so much anymore. Frugality could, however, become popular again…someday.

If a great cultural shift (maybe a cultural earthquake) occurred, and the majority of people chose to reject consumerism and live below their ...
    Categories
    Frugal Shares
  5. The Frugal Counterculture

by , 01-25-2009 at 03:18 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    “Countercultural” is one of the last things most people would call me, but the description that fits me well. Chances are, if you are reading this article, you are countercultural, too. Living within your means and saving for the future are pretty radical ideas in our culture of easy credit and instant gratification.

In addition to having a way of thinking that differs greatly from the predominant culture, frugal people have some characteristics in common with other countercultural ...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast