Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. Stuff I Just Donít Buy Anymore

by , 10-10-2009 at 06:25 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    We havenít had a significant salary raise in this household for quite some time. Yet, despite the fact that our income hasnít gone up very much, our standard of living has increased. Weíre able to travel more and buy more of our wants. Not all, but some. I wondered how this could be. If our income isnít going up significantly, how is it that we were able to increase our standard of living?

Part of the answer lies in aggressively shopping for the best prices on the items we need and
    Categories
    Frugal Shares
  2. Is Anything That You Own Worth Living Paycheck to Paycheck to Pay for?

by , 09-22-2009 at 06:46 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    This is a simple question that I ask myself that helps me stay debt free. It may sound infantile or even stupid to some, but if you take the question seriously each time you ask it as I have, it has saved me from making a lot of poor purchases over the year. I know because when I was younger, I did live paycheck to paycheck. The question is:

Is anything that I own thatís worth living paycheck to paycheck to pay for?

Is the new car that I want worth living paycheck to ...
  3. When Does Frugality Turn Into Theft?

by , 09-03-2009 at 08:08 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Most of us who like to save money will, at some point, find ourselves faced with a chance to save money that is ethically questionable. Especially in a down economy when people are trying to save on everything, it is easy to fall into frugal ideas that stretch the bounds of legality. I see this more and more these days and I wonder where the ethical line is. Some examples to think about:

Sneaking food/drink into the movies when itís expressly prohibited: Yes, itís a way to save money, ...
    Categories
    Frugal Shares
  4. The Cost of Tossing That Item

by , 08-31-2009 at 06:02 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    When people ask me about ways to save money, I give them the usual answers. Donít buy stuff you donít need, look for the best deal on what you do need, be conscious of your spending, etc. But I also throw in one more simple piece of advice. Donít throw stuff away that you know youíll need again.

This may seem pretty obvious. Why throw away something thatís perfectly good, only to buy a new one next year or next month? Surely people donít do that, right? Wrong. I know many people ...
  5. Save Money on Back to School Clothes

by , 08-21-2009 at 07:28 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Short on cash, and looking for ways to save on back to school clothes? Here are several strategies to try:

Start with a Wardrobe Inventory

Before you head out to shop for back to school clothes, take an inventory of your child's wardrobe to determine what she needs, and more importantly, what she doesn't. Then, spend accordingly.

Refashion What You Can

Is your kiddo tired of last year's clothes? Then, find ways to refashion them into the clothes ...
    Categories
    Frugal Shares
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast