Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. 20 Great Places to Find Coins

by , 07-05-2009 at 03:58 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    I like to walk and when I walk, I am always on the lookout for coins. I donít really consciously do this ó it has become a habit over the years. What I do know is that most years I add over $100 to my savings (you would need to keep over $10,000 in your local bank to earn the same amount in interest) simply by keeping my eyes open and knowing where to look.

Hereís the funny thing about finding coins. If you are doing this to try and make extra money, itís not likely to work. While ...
    Categories
    Frugal Shares
  2. 8 Ways A Recession Can Benefit You In The Long Run

by , 07-03-2009 at 05:11 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    In the midst of a recession, itís easy to feel like things will never get better. The news is filled with reports of layoffs and stock market declines, the atmosphere at work is somber, and talk about the economy even makes its way into the TV shows you watch to get away from it all.

But instead of just sitting around and feeling miserable or doing nothing and hoping for the best, there are steps you can actively take to improve your financial situation during a recession, when money ...
  3. Back of the Box Recipes

by , 05-27-2009 at 03:26 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Back of the Box Recipes

If you like to eat you're at the right place! 'Back of the Box Recipes' has thousands of favorite Brand Name recipes and we're adding more everyday. Whether you are looking for a gourmet meal or a quick microwave snack you will find it here. Just click on our recipes links to get started
  4. Stockpiling To Save Money

by , 05-10-2009 at 07:22 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    One of the things that saves us the most money is our well-stocked pantry and freezer. Like many people, I used to shop once a week or more for the food we needed just for that week. It was annoying because I hate grocery shopping. As far as Iím concerned, the less time I spend there the happier I am. It was also expensive because I was just buying things for the week at the going price, regardless of whether or not they were on sale. Not to mention the gas I used going back and forth to the store ...
    Categories
    Frugal Shares
  5. The Frustrated Frugalite

by , 04-06-2009 at 04:17 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    The other day, a friend and I were talking about the things we do to be frugal. We were discussing all the tips and tricks weíve learned to save money and cut down on waste. We were also discussing how, with the current economic downturn, more and more people are learning how to be frugal. They are visiting websites that deal with frugality, watching money saving segments on TV, reading books on simple living, and seeking hints on any ways to save money.

Now, my friend is usually ...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast