Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. The Cheapest Fruits and Vegetables Month-By-Month

by , 08-21-2009 at 07:19 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    An easy way to save on fruits and vegetables is to buy what's in season. Here's a guide to help you identify the best produce deals month-by-month:

January

oranges, grapefruit, tangerines, tangelos, lemons, papayas, cabbages: red, white and green; leeks, broccoli, cauliflower

February

oranges, tangelos, grapefruit, lemons, papayas, broccoli, cauliflower

March

pineapples, mangoes, broccoli, lettuce

April ...
  2. wikiHow - The World's Largest How-To Manual

by , 08-21-2009 at 07:07 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    wikiHow is a collaborative writing project to build the world's largest, highest quality how-to manual. With your contributions, we can create a free resource that helps millions of people by offering solutions to the problems of everyday life. wikiHow currently contains 60,199 articles — written, edited, and maintained primarily by volunteers.

wikiHow.com
    Categories
    Frugal Links
  3. How I Take Frequent Vacations on a Limited Budget

by , 08-11-2009 at 07:30 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Ah, it’s that time again. Time to begin planning yet another vacation (the sixth for this year). And time for well-meaning (I think) friends and family to ask, “How do you afford to go on so many vacations each year when we can’t even afford one? You must be putting it on credit
    cards or cashing out your home equity, right?”

“Nope, not even close,” I say.

“Then you must be staying in flea bag motels and using courier flights or something, right?”

4. 10 Ways to Save Money by “Plugging Out”

by , 08-10-2009 at 08:15 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    I am one of the first to admit that television, video games, the Internet, and cell phones add fun and convenience to our lives. But this past April I took the challenge presented by TVTurnOff.org and shut the television off for the week. For good measure, I also shut off the video games, and the Internet and cell phone (as much as I could without missing work related items). I was surprised by a few things that week, including how little I missed it all after just a few days and how much more active ...
  5. 10 Frugal Moves That Improve the Environment

by , 08-10-2009 at 08:04 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    It’s no coincidence that most frugal people are environmentally conscious, and vice versa. Frugal lifestyle choices tend to be environmentally friendly choices. It’s almost impossible to be concerned about the environment without taking actions that lessen your own environmental impact. Similarly, it’s difficult to be frugal and still have a large negative effect on the environment. The two lifestyles are connected in such a way that dedicating yourself to one or the other almost guarantees commitment ...
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast