Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. Buying Food in Bulk - How Long Will It Last?

by , 10-31-2009 at 03:10 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    How Long Will Stored Food Items Last?

Many smart shoppers like stocking up on food items in order to save money on their grocery bills, but before filling up the cupboards (and every other possible space) with bulk items, you may want to review the average shelf life of the most common foods we buy.

Also, asking yourself a few questions before buying large portions of food will help insure that what you are purchasing will not go to waste.

1) Will you ...
  2. Four Reasons to Shop the Perimeter of the Grocery Store Last

by , 09-07-2009 at 05:38 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    I went grocery shopping today. I went to Publix, where I do all of my shopping. The store was well stocked. The produce was fresh. The employees were helpful and friendly. As I walked the aisles, I thought to myself, “this is fun.” Upon checking out, I was pleased with my savings (about 20%, despite close to half of my purchase being fresh meats and produce) and preparing to walk to my car, when the bagger stopped me and said, “Thank you for always arranging your food so nicely when you put it on ...
  3. Eat Free on Your Birthday

by , 08-21-2009 at 08:37 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Free food always tastes better. Sign up for these offers and eat for free on your birthday.

FOR ADULTS

Ruby Tuesday

Get on the So Connected e-mail list, and you'll receive a coupon for a free burger on your birthday.

Red Robin

Become a Red Robin eClub member; and get a free burger on your birthday, plus a free gift just for signing up.

Moe's Southwest Grill

Categories
    Frugal Links
  4. Back away from the Ramen! Eat better without breaking the budget

by , 08-05-2009 at 06:19 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    When I was in college, I was content to open my kitchen cupboard and find it full of Ramen. Every flavor – except shrimp (yuck) – was represented after a trip to the grocery store. Not only did I know where my next meal was coming from, but I had saved money. Never mind that the instant noodles were high in sodium and had no redeeming nutritional value. They filled up this hungry college student.

Many years, several jobs and two children later, the thought of all those instant noodles ...
  5. FoodRoutes.org

by , 05-27-2009 at 04:47 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    FoodRoutes.org

There are many reasons to buy locally grown food.
    You'll get exceptional taste and freshness, strengthen your local economy, support endangered family farms, safeguard your family's health, and protect the environment.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast