Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. 20 Great Places to Find Coins

by , 07-05-2009 at 03:58 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    I like to walk and when I walk, I am always on the lookout for coins. I don’t really consciously do this — it has become a habit over the years. What I do know is that most years I add over $100 to my savings (you would need to keep over $10,000 in your local bank to earn the same amount in interest) simply by keeping my eyes open and knowing where to look.

Here’s the funny thing about finding coins. If you are doing this to try and make extra money, it’s not likely to work. While ...
    Categories
    Frugal Shares
  2. Small Savings Add Up and Here’s The Proof

by , 01-25-2009 at 03:10 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Some people are “pound wise and penny foolish.” That is, they focus their savings efforts only on big items while letting small amounts of money slip through their fingers. Having tallied up my “penny savings” from last year, I can tell you that small amounts of money can quickly add up to big savings.

Last year I decided that I would keep track of the small amounts of money I made or saved during 2007 to determine if these “money savers” were really worth my time or if I should ...