Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. The Top Ten Things that Ruin Budgets

by , 04-02-2012 at 07:53 AM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Budgets are a necessity to keep personal finances in order, but they aren’t necessarily easy to keep.There are plenty of things that can quickly ruin a budget and ruin the best laid financial plans. Here are the top ten things that ruin budgets:

Shopping Hungry or without a Plan of Attack
    This one’s obvious — don’t go food shopping hungry and be sure to have a list in hand. Otherwise you’ll blow your budget. Also, carefully consider moving up to larger, economy sized products. ...
  2. Getting Past “It’s impossible” to “I can do this”

by , 09-14-2009 at 09:00 AM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    I know several people who, rather than trying to deal with their finances, have simply thrown up their hands and declared that it’s impossible, so why bother. They say things like, “I owe so much I’ll never get out of debt so why pay anything?” or, “I don’t know where to start; it’s too overwhelming so I just let it go,” or “This stuff is over my head and I don’t have time to learn.” Or, they see some news story about how you’ll never catch up if you’re fifty-five and have no retirement savings, ...
  3. How I Take Frequent Vacations on a Limited Budget

by , 08-11-2009 at 07:30 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Ah, it’s that time again. Time to begin planning yet another vacation (the sixth for this year). And time for well-meaning (I think) friends and family to ask, “How do you afford to go on so many vacations each year when we can’t even afford one? You must be putting it on credit
    cards or cashing out your home equity, right?”

“Nope, not even close,” I say.

“Then you must be staying in flea bag motels and using courier flights or something, right?”

4. Have the Courage to have the Christmas You Can Afford

by , 08-10-2009 at 08:24 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    I was talking with a group of friends about the upcoming holidays and one said, “I’m so afraid of Christmas. I don’t know how we’re going to afford it and I just know we’re going to end up in financial trouble because of it. It terrifies me, but there’s nothing I can do about it!” The others in the group all chimed in with their own fears and worries, as well.

I sat there listening to the various tales of fear and despair wondering what, exactly, the problem was. It seems simple to ...
  5. Credit-Cards-Resource.com

by , 01-02-2009 at 04:48 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Credit-Cards-Resource.com - Click Here
    Find, compare, review, and apply for the top
    80 credit cards for consumers, students, and
    businesses.