Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. Luck Has Nothing to Do With It

by , 08-31-2009 at 05:53 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    It’s very frustrating when people who don’t know us well attribute our decent financial situation to “luck.” As in, “You’re so lucky that you don’t have debt,” or, “You’re so lucky not to have to worry about your bills.” The conversation usually ends with the other person saying something along the lines of, “I wish I could be as lucky as you.” Of course, good manners dictate that I don’t scoff at their kindly meant words, but I want to tell them that they could be in the same situation as I am, ...
  2. A Life Without Debt: Getting By In Tough Times

by , 08-05-2009 at 05:10 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    One of the things you learn when you live a life committed to being debt free is how to get by in tough times. We’ve had our share of lean years, emergencies, and layoffs and yet we’ve always managed to remain debt free. The worst time I can remember was after we were first married and were both working low paying jobs. I think we were making about $28,000 between the two of us. We didn’t have much in savings at the time because we hadn’t had time to build up much of a nest egg. I think we had maybe ...