Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. Weak economy motivates Americans to save more

by , 12-28-2009 at 12:18 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    The recession has caused a seismic shift in the consumer culture, converting die-hard spenders into savers. A growing number of people, either smarting from a job loss or spooked by the financial crises of others, are scrambling to get out of debt, establish emergency funds, and add to their retirement and savings accounts.

To read the article click HERE.
  2. The Hazards of Personal Loans

by , 05-17-2009 at 02:23 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    When most people think of the word debt, they immediately think of credit cards, auto loans, student loans and mortgages. Those seem to be the most common debts in our society today. But there is another kind of debt that doesn’t get as much attention as the previously mentioned, and that is personal loan debt. This occurs when you borrow money from a friend or family member for whatever reason and vow to pay it back to them at a certain time.

Taking out a personal loan: “Personal ...
  3. Dave Ramsey Falters In A Crummy Economy

by , 12-28-2008 at 07:38 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    I know many people who are followers of Dave Ramsey’s financial advice. Since the economy has tanked, it seems like I’m seeing even more people joining the Dave bandwagon, looking for a way out of the financial messes that they have gotten themselves into. His “Total Money Makeover” and the associated baby steps can be a decent starting point for those who have no idea where to start or who have never tackled financial topics before. It’s simple and fairly easy to follow advice. It may be a bit ...