Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. How I’ve Managed to Get 10 Years From My Computer

by , 12-28-2008 at 07:56 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    And how you can too.

I work in the IT field in my day job, so an admission like that is often greeted as though I am admitting to suffering from alcoholism or some terminal illness. Many of my coworkers habitually upgrade their PCs every 2 years or so.

I used to live the tech glam lifestyle too. I bought the latest and greatest hardware and software. I ran on the gaming treadmill: constantly upgrading my hardware so I could play the latest game. What happened?
  2. The Culture Of Throwing Away Anything Not Perfect

by , 12-28-2008 at 07:37 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Last week I was out walking my dog on trash day. As I was walking past my neighbor’s trash heap (I say heap because they always have more trash than will fit in the trash can and they just pile it up on the road), I noticed a cute wire basket that was decorated with painted wooden sunflowers. I knew that it would look perfect in my kitchen, so I picked it up to see what was wrong with it. It was in great shape, except it was missing some dividers inside that would have turned the space into very ...