Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. zennioptical.com - Affordable Eyeglasses

by , 11-15-2009 at 03:56 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    zennioptial.com - Click Here
    Using the latest modern materials, manufacturing and marketing systems we bring our product direct from our factories to you. No middlemen, no retail overhead, and practically no advertising budget,(we leave it to you, our satisfied customers to spread the word), we do not pay for or sell expensive, or even inexpensive, brand names, but only our own manufactured brand ZENNI.

[email protected]'s two cents:
    I can attest to how great this site is and how affordable, ...
  2. Saving Again? Here's a Way to Do It Right

by , 09-23-2009 at 07:28 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    By KAREN BLUMENTHAL

Pat yourself on the back.

Government data show that in the face of the financial crisis, we have reduced our debt, cut our spending and, by one measure, boosted personal savings to the highest level this decade.

So now that you're back on track, how are you going to make the most of your hard-won reserves? Will you rebuild your retirement accounts? The kids' college funds? Buy a new home? Or should you put it away for a generic rainy ...
  3. 32 Reasons to Be Frugal Besides Saving Money

by , 09-14-2009 at 10:17 AM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Iím frequently asked why I choose to be frugal. Is it all about saving money? My answer is always, ďNo, itís not all about saving money, although thatís a nice side effect.Ē Saving money tends to be the driving reason behind why many people turn to a frugal lifestyle (and it was for me, in the beginning). But after being frugal for a while, most people find that there are additional reasons to stick with this lifestyle, beyond the monetary savings. So what are some of the other reasons people pursue ...
  4. When Does Frugality Turn Into Theft?

by , 09-03-2009 at 09:08 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Most of us who like to save money will, at some point, find ourselves faced with a chance to save money that is ethically questionable. Especially in a down economy when people are trying to save on everything, it is easy to fall into frugal ideas that stretch the bounds of legality. I see this more and more these days and I wonder where the ethical line is. Some examples to think about:

Sneaking food/drink into the movies when itís expressly prohibited: Yes, itís a way to save money, ...
    Categories
    Frugal Shares
  5. 10 Frugal Moves That Improve the Environment

by , 08-10-2009 at 09:04 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Itís no coincidence that most frugal people are environmentally conscious, and vice versa. Frugal lifestyle choices tend to be environmentally friendly choices. Itís almost impossible to be concerned about the environment without taking actions that lessen your own environmental impact. Similarly, itís difficult to be frugal and still have a large negative effect on the environment. The two lifestyles are connected in such a way that dedicating yourself to one or the other almost guarantees commitment ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast