Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. How To Shop At An Estate Sale

by , 09-23-2009 at 04:46 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    At 10am Saturday morning, we climbed into the car and headed for the county fair. We’d only been driving for a few minutes when my wife pointed at a sign. “Look! An estate sale,” she said. “Let’s stop.”

We like estate sales better than garage sales because they usually feature nearly everything a person has ever owned — not just the cast-offs. Family members have generally pulled the plum pieces, but there are still plenty of treasures remaining to be found.

In this ...
  2. The Frustrated Frugalite

by , 04-06-2009 at 05:17 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    The other day, a friend and I were talking about the things we do to be frugal. We were discussing all the tips and tricks we’ve learned to save money and cut down on waste. We were also discussing how, with the current economic downturn, more and more people are learning how to be frugal. They are visiting websites that deal with frugality, watching money saving segments on TV, reading books on simple living, and seeking hints on any ways to save money.

Now, my friend is usually ...