Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. Back away from the Ramen! Eat better without breaking the budget

by , 08-05-2009 at 06:19 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    When I was in college, I was content to open my kitchen cupboard and find it full of Ramen. Every flavor – except shrimp (yuck) – was represented after a trip to the grocery store. Not only did I know where my next meal was coming from, but I had saved money. Never mind that the instant noodles were high in sodium and had no redeeming nutritional value. They filled up this hungry college student.

Many years, several jobs and two children later, the thought of all those instant noodles ...
  2. 10 Foods That Improve Your Looks

by , 02-05-2009 at 02:10 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Water
    Drinking plenty of water every day helps the skin look soft, supple and more youthful. By keeping the body hydrated, your overall appearance will benefit, from improved skin texture, hair and nails. If you’re feeling bloated, it may be due to an increase of sodium in the body. Increase your intake of water to help flush it out. Also, water helps in the weight loss process by reducing water weight and replenishes water loss during workout activity.

Vitamin C
    Vitamin ...
  3. Magic Beans: 150 Delicious Recipes (Book)

by , 01-22-2009 at 06:03 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Magic Beans: 150 Delicious Recipes Featuring Nature's Low Fat, Nutrient-Rich, Disease-Fighting Powerhouse
    -Patti Bazel Geil

A friend suggested this book to me and I wanted to share it with FV. [email protected]
  4. I Want To Be A Frugalista!

by , 01-11-2009 at 06:27 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    This past year has been all about changes, some good and a lot not so good. We’ve ridden the gas price roller coaster and held our breath to see the first African American President get elected. Some have cried over the bouncing stock market and some have jumped on board and bought cheap, hoping to sell high.

The past year has forced us to expand our imaginations and stretch our pennies until they look like a train ran over them. It has also been a year filled with new technology, ...

Updated 01-11-2009 at 07:13 PM by [email protected]

Categories
    Frugal Shares