Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. Getting Past Being Appalled

by , 09-22-2009 at 07:20 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    One of the things Iíve learned living a debt free life is never to dismiss anything out of hand. Whenever I see a money saving tip, investment strategy, or other money management idea I donít automatically pooh-pooh it as something I canít do. Iím always willing to try something new ó or at least investigate it further ó before deciding whether it will work for me or not.

Contrast this with many of the people I deal with who not only dismiss many money management ideas, they are ...
    Categories
    Frugal Shares
  2. Why 401(k) Retirement Plans Really Donít Work...

by , 01-25-2009 at 02:29 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    ...And How to Fix Them

With the death of defined pension plans, 401(k) retirement plans have become a staple for many employees, but the recent financial turmoil has put these once infallible savings vehicles under the microscope. There have been numerous news articles detailing the stunning losses of the stock market since October of last year. Such stories usually offer a profile of some victim around 55 years old who was preparing to retire in the next few years, only to have 25% ...