Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. Why I Hate the Question ďSo, what do you do?Ē

by , 10-10-2009 at 06:58 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    It never fails: You encounter new people and the first question they ask is, ďSo, what do you do?Ē Occasionally youíll encounter people that seem to ask this question out of a genuine interest in you and your life, but most of the time you can tell that itís their way of quickly sizing up your social status, paycheck, and your potential worth to them.

I hate this question for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that I do not have a socially acceptable answer. What do I ...

Updated 10-10-2009 at 07:20 PM by [email protected] (Keep getting a 404 Error message.)

Categories
    Frugal Shares
  2. Create Your Own Job With Passion, Perseverance and Hard Work

by , 08-31-2009 at 05:45 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Both online and in the real world, Iím seeing more and more people desperate to work from home these days. I hear many reasons for this: The high price of gas is making commuting too expensive. Those already at home need to bring in extra income to make ends meet or pay for extras. Itís better for the environment. Itís less stressful than working in an office. Itís more family friendly. Whatever the reason, there are many people looking for work from home jobs.

Unfortunately, in ...
  3. Little House on the Prairie Financial Lessons

by , 08-05-2009 at 04:55 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    I grew up watching Little House on the Prairie in the 70ís. Each episode had a moral to it, but it wasnít until I staged a marathon viewing session courtesy of Netflix that I realized how many of those episodes dealt with the subject of money in some form. Maybe some of my money habits did come from TV, after all.

If you have kids and want to teach them some solid lessons about money this summer (or just for your own enjoyment) here are the episodes that dealt most heavily with money ...
    Tags: economy, job, money, save, work
    Categories
    Frugal Shares